Sean MacGabhann Restaurant

MrBen

Thomas Micklewright Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Rather fitting actually, a large % of alcoholic

> drinks do contain fish/egg/milk!

I think you are talking about wine fining agents, in which case the amount remaining is minute. Enough to upset a veggie, though, so silver linings and all that...

Alex K Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is Meatwagon-style cookery still offered at The

> Rye?

Rye now closed for refurb. Think its Feb time due to reopen and not sure meatwagon will be there then once new kitchen in place. I was chatting with Scott last weekend but cant for the life of me remember what he said. I was a bit tired and emotional by that point!

• 2 weeks later...

So have any forumites been to Meat Liquor and if so, what's your verdict?

I had heard about it opening from two of the food blogs I follow, both have given it (tu) (one less predictably so)

I've got high hopes for the food being good although I have to confess, like some others above, I really dislike the name of the place. Am supposed to be going along later this week so any menu recommendations appreciated, cheers.

Nay food alternatives - their pork belly is to die for ..

?Kakuni ? braised pork belly with cider?. Not too sure I could spot the cider, maybe some lingering aftertastes of sweetness. All I know is that the pork was literally melt-in-your-mouth with just the right amount of fats to make it tender and juicy without being cloyingly sick. I also loved the mustard on the side. Altogether an absolutely brilliant little dish.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/5039303697_0f20ea5d53_z.jpg