genuine or refilled ink cartridges?

citizenED

Always buy Genuine Ink Cartridges..

Refilled Cartridges will usually have different colouration to the original.

They are often not fully filled so a false economy.

There may be residule sludge from the old ink, which can damage your delicate printer ink nozzles.

Good place to buy Ink is. Ink2U

***They sell Genuine and refilled cartridges. (stick with the genuine)

Fast reliable next day service.

Contactable friendly helpfull service.

I have used them for years.

Fox

I don't know about refilled cartridges but you absolutely do not have to buy cartridges made by the manufacturer of your printer. You can buy generic cartridges that fit your model. eg. Epson-made cartridges are something like ?29 a set whereas generic ones are ?4-?5.

If the compatible (refilled) are as good as the originals then why pay the high prices for the original inks.

It also depends what you are printing. For general everyday prints compatibles are fine, but if you're wanting high quality photos then obviously I would use originals. I have a HP printer and use the compatibles in that to good use at more than half the price of the originals with more ink them so they last longer.

I use www.internet-ink.co.uk ***plus you get 10% off after your first ink order and ive always had friendly service for the last 2 years** hope this helps citzenED :))

I have always bought refilled cartridges for my Lexmark printer and then refilled them myself until they stop working and never had any problems with my printer. You will get some differences in colour matching between different makes of cartridge and inks but it depends on what you are printing. I'm more than happy printing anything from photos to letters with refilled cartidges tbh.

• 3 months later...

If you want a way to avoid the outrageous cartridge costs and do not trust refills and do not want the mess of filling. Then go bulk! A Continuous Ink System use big bottles of ink that never lets your printer run out easy to refill. Do some research on bulk ink and source good quality Japanese or German materials.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=computers&field-keywords=Coralgraph#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=Continuous+Ink+System&rh=n%3A340831031%2Ck%3AContinuous+Ink+System