Adverts

Annette Curtain

Didn't they used to be quite clever ?

So far, the following make me wish to increase my alchohol consumption/gnash-my-teeth/kill-the-makers.

1. The Littlewoods ad:

Just fk right off. Yes it hits every button, such as: Scream expletives now, smash the TV & comit arson.

2. The Uncle Bens ad:

A man throws a pack of rice into a naturally occurring hot spring, it then flys back out as the hot water spouts upward and is caught by a bloke with a tray.

Strap line: Cooks perfectly in 10 minutes even if you don't have a geyser/geezer in the house.

Jesus h Christ, some (wan-ky ad exec) body sat there and thought of that up, then pitched it to the client, who then fobbed it off on us.

Note to Uncle Bens.

I am not a moron, I will never (underlined) buy your stupid product. I'd rather have Krispy-Kreme doughnuts rammed up my rear end by a Stevie Wonder impersonator driving a dodgem car.

I hope you choke on your own products while watching the Littlewoods ad.

Other than that, I HATE YOU.

NETTE:X

I think you're probably watching TV channels that aren't reaching out to people like you.

I have a genetic offshoot of my family that would be hooting about the geyser/geezer wordplay for months. The men still sing 'who let the dogs out?' in pubs. They're proud to be geezers.

It's those lovey dovey baby ads for companies like johnsons that really bug me. "make every bath time special" crap who ever has a "special" time bathing their devil child? There's no smiles from loving parents in this house and the happy giggling cheekiness of little monster is only the result of them having soaked the bathroom floor and those assisting in the bathing after "splashing" around rather energetically. Would be better to compare the experience wiv de-fleaing one of them long haired canine beasts whilst holding a toffee apple!

Another John Lewis/Smiths sync - great news for Mozza and Marr - and another one of those song choices that absolutely sucks satan's cock at anything below surface level.

Should go down a storm with the same type of planks who pick the psycho-stalking classic Every Breath You Take as their first dance at their wedding.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one the Littlewoods advert grates on. Everytime it comes on, which is too often I want to pick up a pin and stick it into my eyeball! I find the advert nauseating, it's so bloody cheesy! Plus the stupid rap bit sticks in my mind all day arh!!

I knocked down a stud wall in my kitchen last night and found an old copy of the London Evening News in the plaster.

The following advert can be found in the classifieds section of the March 12th 1974 edition and it is reproduced without alteration below:

LIKE TRAVELLING?

"Girl Friday" to assist Executive. Must be willing to travel extensively throughout Europe. Good typing ability. Must be versatile, aged 20-30 and attractive with pleasant personality. Send telephone number with resume to: Box 7110

adverts are generally shit.... but at least they're over in 30 seconds ..... I looked at what was on the telly last night between 8 and 9 .... masterchef , feck off! kirstie bloody alsopp fannying around with mosaic, feck off! women trying to park cars,feck off! waterloo road, feck off! .. come on do me a favour.

9 o' clock came and thank god for frozen planet.:))