Things taht in all honesty you're not that bothered about...

????

...food.

Don't get me wrong I don't like eating crap, I like cooking and watch the foody programmes and can appreciate some good nosh. But, when I see and hear foodies and their eyes lighting up as they describe a mushroom etc. Nah. Sorry.

Agree completely with Quids in the OP. I like to cook, and enjoy a good meal (although I also enjoy eating crap), But really I just eat because I need to eat.

Sitting in a restaurant for ages whilst everyone enjoys 5 courses us my idea of hell.

TV.

Probably 5% may be interesting, the rest just seems to be designed so people can switch off their lives every evening and live through other's (mainly) pointless 'experiences' via dire reality programming.

God knows why you can't by a TV that has no reciever, just can be plugged into DVD/digital players for films etc which you own already. Maybe it does exist, if so let me know, would help avoid paying for tv licence.

Cars. And especially fast or fancy cars. They cant be driven properly in the UK, cost stupid amounts and don't really help anyone do they? When I was a kid in the 80's I wanted to own a porsche one day. Now I really couldn't give a toss.

Edited to add: They also make you look like a total knobhead.

Animal rights.

I mean, deliberate cruelty is clearly wrong, and minimum standards of animal husbandry are necessary, but otherwise? Human society is predicated on the exploitation of animals, but animal 'society' is predicated on predator and prey, and tbh we're just a bit more sophisticated about it. Either you accept that (in which case you can't pick and choose - leather is OK, fur isn't) or you go the whole hog - go live amongst the lions and take your rightful place in the food chain.

> "God knows why you can't by a TV that has no reciever

Economy of scale... I expect the receiver is a cheap bit of electronics, it's probably cheaper to stick a receiver in every TV than to offer two different models.

Actually - as Huguenot says - it is possible to buy just a monitor, but large, TV-style monitors tend to be niche/professional/commercial type products.