Money 'get rich quick' programme BBC2

Thomas Micklewright

Anyone else watching the programme on now about getting rich and retiring early?

What are your views - successful ones appear to make money from having an assett portfolio, making money from rent.

However, the people they are interviewing seem very tragic - thousands of pounds in debt for going to costly courses about making money?

Tom

Thomas Micklewright Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> However, the people they are interviewing seem

> very tragic - thousands of pounds in debt for

> going to costly courses about making money?

>

xxxxxxx

The way to make money is clearly to charge people enormous amounts of money to tell them how to make money.

Bit like those adverts for home working, where what you got was a pack telling you how to make money by sending out packs telling you how to make money by sending out packs etc etc

I didn't watch it Tom but sadly I don't think there's anything new about unscrupulous people making money from the vulnerable and preying on their hopes and dreams.

All those I know from the 'get rich quick' brigade who bought up lots of buy-to-let properties are now struggling and I wonder was it really worth it. I think to have one home, one roof over your head is all that you need but then again, we are all different and our circumstances change.

Some people can thrive on paying Peter to pay Paul and juggling mortgages, cards and so on but I am not one of them and couldn't deal with the stress of looking over my shoulder constantly. I guess if its important for you to be financially rich then you'd go to whatever lengths you could to achieve it but some of the advice out there is strongly suspect.

I would probably have felt very sorry for the people who had spent their savings on the courses you mention.

I saw it and felt so sorry for the suckers who went along.

There's something immoral about it but then we're all free to make the choices!

The Nursery Nurse was the saddest case, she was going through all these - well, mantras I suppose - and dances and I wonder how she thought becoming a millionaire would happen.

And yet, there is something in the positivity programming as Derren Brown et al shows in his programmes. You are subliminally programmed to be open to possibilities if you train yourself to be so.

A friend of my aunt's in Los Angeles spends thousands of dollars every year going to big seminars every year which talk of how taxation is supposedly illegal and is nothing more than government theft, and teaches how to get out of paying it.