Texts are driving me mad

malumbu

Why are so many of you using texts to replace standard coversations. Why are so many of you assuming that if you text someone, particularly when it is an urgent message, that this is received and that this is acceptable.

e-mail. Great for cetain purposes. Texts, ditto. I am sure BMS and i-phone have their roles somewhere. But if it is urgent please call me. That thing that goes ring ring. I will answer, and then both parties will have got that message. And if I don't return my landline AND mobile voicemails, then assume that I am in the desert or somewhere out of contact.

Oddly I am not a luddite. I had my first mobile phone (a very expensive brick) ten years before people could not live without them at the Glastonbury Festival.

No piss taking please, no arguing that I am wrong. Only like minded people join in.

I have to have a word with my son in a minute who went missing tonight. I assumed rightly that another parent picked him up. But that parent(as too many people) wouldn't have the sense to call me and confirm that this was OK. No doubt they sent a text to God or David Cameron so that is fine.

Have to go, Palace are 2-1 up so need to put radio 5 on, why didn't anyone text me!!!

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> katie1997 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > vry fckg (6) wen sm1 snds a txt nsted of rnging

> > 1st bt bbm is (tu)

> >

> > eta: m nt tkg t pss m bing srs!!

>

> xxxxx

>

> Predictive text always useful .....

Really? I hate texting. Much prefer to pick up the phone and er, leave voicemail :))

katie1997 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> -----

> > katie1997 Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > vry fckg (6) wen sm1 snds a txt nsted of

> rnging

> > > 1st bt bbm is (tu)

> > >

> > > eta: m nt tkg t pss m bing srs!!

> >

> > xxxxx

> >

> > Predictive text always useful .....

>

> Really? I hate texting. Much prefer to pick up the

> phone and er, leave voicemail :))

xxxxxxx

I meant, so that if you are going to text, you get whole sensible words for the same amount of clicking as small stupid "words" with non-predictive text :)

I find texting extremely useful. Like email, people can pick a text up and answer it in their own time, and you don't have to worry about missed calls and having to return a call after a voicemail.

Obviously if something was urgent you'd go through every channel possible to reach somebody, with a phone call being the first option.

It does annoy me when people text and wake me up though :)) Once at four in the morning - which was a minor crisis but could have waited till eight ......

Runs away quickly.