The Indy

Atticus

Me too since 1986.

I think you should get a bit annoyed with your Newspaper - when everyday was the environment I got near giving up. They've had some dreadful fails (remember Anita Roddik's happ clappy dross!!!). I'm bored a bit of Fisk, a bit, you ALWAYS know what line he's going to take and that always makes me question. However a good brave journalist...with an agenda though?

I quite like reading Lawson one page then Yasmin on the next (even though her stuff is quite often mad), and Hamish McRae is just the best on making economics make sense and interesting with an astute sense of the long term. He's about my favourite journalist at the moment. Lawton gets on my wick more than not with his grumpy old man persona but I like Viner.

Harri..........mmm. Given their, typically Indie slightly smug coverage of both the Leverson enquiry, where they said corrupt journalist should be sacked plus a similar line on the recent scandall at Bell Pottinger, for creating false Wikki entries...I did actually think...and you're going to reinsate Harri you hypocrites! I may have to write to a newspaper for the first time.

What's a decent alternative? I've dallied with the Times but find it boring, the Telegraph? Behave. And don't eveb mention that other one :))

I remember my tourist guide when I first came to the UK describing the broadsheet newspapers: "As a general guide, the Guardian is left of centre, the Telegraph is right of centre, the Independent is boring and the Times is excellent for wrapping fish."

it has its moments. It was nice to see the insane Burchill getting a regular column.The economics sections is worth a read on the train. More recently, some of the non news hagiographic articles regarding the Russian owners was a bit poor.As I have no interest in Rugby, The sports section was ideal compared with the rugger dull tosh spewed out by the Graf an Times. To say its left is a bit much, though is does have some rather needy n worthy columnists. Shits on the Guardian though, but then again, so does the Lewisham shopper. Dont get me started on the Guardian weekend edition ,outside the news section & the guide. My word.

I love Lawton just to see that when you think he can't get any grumpier he does, and for the shock factor when he actually writes something positive.

The world is a better place for having had Fisk in it than not, but the time has long since passed when he should move back to England and write a gardening column or something. His agenda used to be telling the truth no matter how uncomfortable it is. It's now to wind up his detractors and hence boring and a caricature of his former self.

I too pretty much gave up during the pontificating period with one dull, worthy, campaingning front page after another. It's also always been a bit light on humour (Telegraph is hands down winner at that) but it's still my default choice.

I agree 'left' is pushing it. An absence of right doesn't make something left.

But it has a fairly balanced cross section of columnists and opinionistas.

I was never able to stand Hari, so I thought a great opportunity to teach him a life lesson and ditch a bad journalist was lost :(

• 1 month later...

I see Mr Hari resigned.

His resignation letter rather betrays just how bad he is when not plagiarising someone else's words.

I'm willing to take the flack for my errors myself. But I'm not willing to see other people, who are played no part in those errors and are unimpeachably decent people, take the flack too.

I'm not sure where he'll get a job now, maybe Harry Redknapp, who often takes risks on people deemed untouchable, might bring him in to fix that goal drought?

I'm not sure where he'll get a job now, maybe Harry Redknapp, who often takes risks on people deemed untouchable, might bring him in to fix that goal drought?

Ditto Talksport, seemingly the more soiled the personality the more avid their interest in proffering employment.