Life's too short

????

Yeah, I've found it pretty amusing. Its the same old same old with Gervais...but it still makes me laugh. Enjoying Phoneshop, Pete V Life and Him & Her at the moment. Theres some good comedy being made out there and its always nice to sit down in front of the Humax and realise you've got a good couple of hours of laughs to look forward to.

camberwell70 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Office was always going to be an hard act to

> follow. Extras wasn't half as good. Life's Too

> Short isn't half as good as Extras. The best

> thing Ricky Gervais has done since the Office has

> been his stand-up...oh, and his guest appearance

> on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

i thought his stand up was boring too

the office and some of the earlier podcasts are the only decent things he's done in my opinion. I just don't think he's a funny person at all.

It's bizarre. When Extras was on it was a Huge Deal that De Niro appeared, but now it's no surprise when someone comes on. I thought Helena Bonham Carter was fabulous (in anything she does), but when Ricky Gervais writes jokes against himself that a lot of people are thinking but then they come out of the beautifully shaped mouth of Johnny Depp, you still think, genius.

Life's Too Short for me is getting boring because Warwick Davis is just playing a short Gervais. The lines are the same, the reactions, the cut-ins and interruptions etc.

The Comedy of Embarrassment is coming to an end I think. The Office started it and Warwick D's impression of David Brent could finish it. There are still laugh-out-loud moments (Les Denis and Cheggers playing blinders) but I ff through a lot of it, trouble is the actual situations/circs (what is going to happen) become so very predictable.

and PGC - Death In Paradise?!? did someone hit you on the head with a rolled up copy of the 1974 TV Tinmes?

Indeed Jeremy. But the difference for me is that Fawlty Towers and Alan Partridge would have you laughing out loud whereas Ricky Gervais just makes you cringe. I quite enjoyed the first two but then it fell away and was usual Gervais fare. He has the sort of smug face that you want to punch. (see also Piers Moron). I did however enjoy Extras. The one with David Bowie in was a corker.