What alternatives do you recommend to vodafone?

PeckhamRose

I have to keep my own number though!

I am sick of their little games and they are being accused of not paying taxes.

Oh - and my phone can't always get a signal in my own flat even though vodafone told me they were installing a new mast on or near my side of Peckham Rye.

Thanks for any input!

If you go with Tmobile or Orange they share each others networks so if you lose a tmobile signal you can pick up an orange signal (if available) where ever you are.

I've not found it makes much difference for strength of signal though - I work underground and Vodafone wins out on mobile signal through our office.

Whilst Vodafone are right ones for conning the customer with a lot of hidden charges (a friend of mine got whacked with a ?500 phone bill once after not having extra charges explained to her after upgrading to an Iphone) and are certainly not the cheapest, if you've been with them for a while give them a call saying you're thinking of leaving them for another network (do some research of other packages that would be better suited to you) and see if they can offer you a better deal than what you are already on. Make a fuss. You might be surprised what they suggest. :)