Wiki Whiteout.

bon3yard

Yeah, I've been guilty of illegal downloads...and still do occasionaly(I'm poor what can I tell you). I'm not keen however on The American govt smuggling in stifling and censorious legislation under the guise of protecting copyright. I'm sure the stuffed shirts in The Pentagon are petrified at what they've witnessed during the Arab Spring etc and you can guarantee that whats happening in the States means that our drone like leadership wont be far behind in curbing freedom of speech on the internet. Pass it on innit...

I repeat from another thread

"As for wikipedia, it's not down so much as very clumsily hidden, a bit of manipulation with chrome or ie dev tools (ctrl+shift+i or F12 respectively) or firebug in firefox and you can see it in all its glory. "

find the content Div and update display:none to something like display:block

it's baaack.

Or use a mobile browser/app as otta suggests.

oh, and of the OP point, I'm pretty sure it's more to do with cronyism and business interests (think Murdoch and pals) than suppressing real democracy maaaan.

The stuffed shirts in the pentagon have nothing to fear from their people and it looks like whoever wins the next election will be taking a few of their toys away from them.

Our gov't even less so, if they can ride out the expenses scandal and get a country to vote against change that will hand (a teeeeny teeeny teeeny bit of) power back to them, they can ride out anything.

The occupy movement has consistently used the terminology of the arab spring to attempt to rouse the various target publics and have been met with general derision.

SOPA or 3261 - H.R. 3261ip bill

This is a censorship bill, the internet kill switch governments have been asking for, for a long time.

Goodbye free speech.

NDAA or H.R. 1540

Goodbye Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.

The Enemy Expatriation Act (S.1698/H.R.3166)

Goodbye U.S. citizens.

See a pattern yet ??