Harry Redknapp Tax Case

Mick Mac

It looks bad for Harry.

It looks like he purposefully set the account up offshore. To my knowledge there are no tax benefits to having an offshore account for a UK domiciled individual, so I don't think he consulted his accountant on this.

Hence he is probably guilty of choosing to conceal the capital and interest from Hmrc.

Jail looks likely.

[Edited for late night spelling]

Harry is on his third brief after sacking the first two for telling him he had no chance.

He also tried to pay the tax when told he was going to trial, does not sound like the actions of an innocent man.

Newspapers queuing up with bung allegations if he gets guilty as any credibility he has will be shot and he will be less likely to successfully litigate.

And still I reckon the saggy faced bastard will get off and manage England by the end of the year!

The bloke's and excellent manager but old school dodgy.

West Ham fans still aren't happy that he persuaded Rio to go to Leeds, when he (Rio) was still happy at West Ham who had the best youth team in the country by miles at that point and could have built something, for a lot of money which he then largely spent on Fat Fringe players at Liverpool many of whom were represented by his agent son (Mark?)...and maybe another Snooker room at sandbanks. Spuds will be happy with him as they love their managers dodgy (*cough El Tel).

Isn't ???? a west ham fan?

Fans of the above all have reasons to be ambivalent about him, he brought good football, excitement and some success to all three, well, he took Southampton down which was enough for the Portsmouth fans ;)

On the other side he also brought weird signings, shonky finances and some surreal football management choices which meant fans lost the faith.

Right now he's having his purple patch, but things will go sour at spurs it always does, assuming he's not banged up first in which case he'll at least leave on a high.

*edited for accuracy*

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HMRC are quite happy to allow Vodafone to 'be

> imaginative' about a figure in excess of ?2bn in

> tax. Harry's amount owed is trifling in

> comparison.

Oh well that's alright then.

Wonder what you'd be saying on here if it was Arsenal's manager in the dock... ;-)

He also won the FA Cup for Portsmouth and got them playing in Europe for the one and only time in their history. Also, got Southampton relegated on the last day of the season from the Premiership much to the delight of Portsmouth fans. Took West Ham to a 5th place finish in the Premier League and developed some great talent there too - Carrick, Cole, Ferdinand, Lampard etc.

An excellent manager no doubt. Has unearthed some amazing talent, and got some shonky players playing out of their skin!

Won Pompey the FA Cup and relegated Saints indeed!

Sadly, as an individual he is a total and utter scumbag! But he is teflon and I think will walk from this trial! Although some of the evidence is quite damning!

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Let's wait until we've heard the case from the

> defence first.

The case for the defence is: I forgot about the account, the one that I flew to Monaco to set up last year.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> He also won the FA Cup for Portsmouth and got them

> playing in Europe for the one and only time in

> their history. Also, got Southampton relegated on

> the last day of the season from the Premiership

> much to the delight of Portsmouth fans. Took West

> Ham to a 5th place finish in the Premier League

> and developed some great talent there too -

> Carrick, Cole, Ferdinand, Lampard etc.

Tony Carr didn't develop these guys then? I think its his shady, shifty dealings that he'll be most remembered for by most fans. If he is found guilty of some but not all charges, I wonder if there'll still be a clamour for him to be named as the next England manager?

Football and HMRC have never really got on since the money started flowing. Football has always thought it was special with it's own rules but that's changing. HMRC have a target to hit and a strong mandate in the current climate so I do think he'll get clobbered.

The smarter guys are always one step ahead and you cant help thinking old school Harry has an old school accountant.

I had to re-read Otta's post. First time I thought he said plenty on managers could keep them up. Speed reading I was. I'm not sure it's good idea for managers to get a percentage of the sale of a player. They may have improved a players worth but isn't that what good managers are paid to do anyway?