Greetings :)

Mike_B

Hi guys, my name is Mike and I'm a fellow Londoner researching East Dulwich. me and my wifey are looking for a better place. I talk to my friend who works in real Estate and he really praised the way East Dulwich is developing. From what he told us, it really seems like a perfect place for me and Jo! That's why I decided to join ya on this forum and do a bit of research before making the final decision :) Really glad to be here:)

Mike_B Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi guys, my name is Mike and I'm a fellow Londoner

> researching East Dulwich. me and my wifey are

> looking for a better place. I talk to my friend

> who works in real Estate and he really praised the

> way East Dulwich is developing. From what he told

> us, it really seems like a perfect place for me

> and Jo! That's why I decided to join ya on this

> forum and do a bit of research before making the

> final decision :) Really glad to be here:)

WIFEY ?

Oh Mikey, Mikey, Mikey.

You'll have to do better than that to join East Dulwich. I mean there's ladies who'd wrestle you to the floor and gouge your eyes out if they heard that round here.

Where did you live before, Putney or some other heinous mallach back water like it.

Now, a question.

Are you prepared to queue for the butcher shop.

NETTE:-S

Welcome to the forum Mike. Do you or your wife drive and own a car as if so parking can be an absolute nightmare in East Dulwich. Depends which road you move to, but if directly off Lordship Lane then be prepared to drive around in circles trying to a find a space remotely near your front door!

The only other thing is house prices are really expensive for the size they are, we saw one half house off Lordship Lane and there literally was half a bath! Plus if you want a decent sized garden you can forget it! Obviously there will be a few exceptions but the majority we saw when viewing were teeny. It all depends what you are after though as neither of those things may be important to you or your wife.

I can't think of any other negative reasons not to live in E Dulwich, lots of shops, restaurants, pubs, great wknd market plus Dulwich Park which is lovely. Happy house hunting:))

Annette Curtain Wrote:

> womanofdulwich Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I hear West Nortwood is the next East

> > Dulwich.............

>

>

> Really, like which bit ?

Possibly the welcoming train station? http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNDCySx2XZQZXjtSA7y2J1kwc-gqZefqEictWTL0IChOarVVvd

or the shops... http://i.oodleimg.com/item/2816552523u_1x424x360f_commercial_&_office_space_for_sale_in_west_norwood_lnd/?1324013074

or maybe the listed architectural gem that is the library? http://www.streathamguardian.co.uk/resources/images/1380463/?type=display

Voyageur Wrote:

> womanofdulwich Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I hear West Nortwood is the next East

> > Dulwich.............

>

> Let's hope not for their sake...

Oh they're not http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4805138393_60b1433f25.jpg easily riled...

Good advice everyone, I'm writing it all down as we speak. It's just the entire housing thing is tricky, when you're young and inexperiences in the ways of a hunter:)

And no, the closest Waitrose is a couple of miles away (3.5 i guess). Not exactly a walking distance... And since we dont own a car, there's not much waitrosing for us :/. We manage though. I know it's hard to believe, but one can survive without a Waitrose :D

And thanks, but I'm really not convinced by West Nortwood :D

West norwood trains go to Clapham Junction- a plus for Victoria/ Waterloo/ Westfield.

Quick bus to Brixton tube.

Tesco and Sainsburys

B and Q plus very good indie decorating shop

Blackbird bakery

Lovely cemetary

Superdrug

Lots of places to get things mended/ keys cut/ shoes rehealed

Its so much cheaper than SE22

But I know what you mean about some of the shops.