Wireless laser printer

malumbu

I've had dreadful problems with a Samsung. Amazon sent me a replacement but that is going back as well. Not great dealing with Amazon as they can hardly come out to help. It seems to be incompatible software and/or router (both on the macbook and PC). About a fifth of Amazon purchasers recorded similar problems in getting it to work wireless. There are lots of solutions on the web, but (a) I couldn't get them to work (b) why should I fart around with something that should be plug in and play © I did not want to pay an IT person to fix it, also knowing that it would probably fail again.

I've now looked at HP and other printers and there always seems to be a fairly large number who can't get them to work wireless.

Now to show I am not a total idiot the PS3 and Kindle worked almost straight away, and we run two PCs and a mac book wireless.

Shame as the hardware was good. So it is back to my 8 year old slow, expensive (in terms of ink) but reliable HP Inkjet.

Any recommendations of supplier and make? Happy to spend an extra 20% to get technical back-up compared to Amazon.

You are right not to ask an IT person to fix this printers are cheaper than the charge you would normally pay I always tell people to buy a new printer rather than use me. My own printer packed up and I bought a new one!Often the printer costs not much more than the ink cartridges. Its a sorry state of affairs in terms of conservation. As for Wireless again its not the easiest thing to fix. I had everything working in my set up then got a wireless CCTV Camera. - Everything - BT Home Hub etc stopped. and the problem can even be caused by a neighbour's equipment. I now have an HP 3070 -about ?40 from PC World works well wirelessly and you can use their print by email service.

Loz, I tend to only scan A4 docs to pdfs, and haven't come across the auto-crop problem.

When I want to scan I click on a HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon in my toolbar, this opens a HP Solution Centre window...then various options, Scan Document, Scan Picture etc..I scan doc, create a file name, and then can rotate, crop etc before file is saved.

One of our printers has just packed in, Hp. Hp has always been reliable for us. Just ordered the HP 4500 wireless all in one with fax. Not many around with fax and John Lewis only had 2 big models. So it was one click with Amazon. Arriving manana. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Amazon reviews.