Oven Cleaning..

DulwichFox

lebara Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A card came thru my letterbox yesterday offering

> ovencleaning. Ive thrown it away now but someone

> else might have one with the detials.

Yes I got one of those...

Thats what reminded me I needed to clean my oven.

?49.00 upwards is a bit expensive.

Thanks for replying though...

Fox..

Another recommendation for Oven Pride. But be warned it's pretty strong stuff. When I last used it, I put the oven racks into the bag provided and some of the cleaning solution leaked out, marking my wooden worktop. Having said that, if used properly and with caution it's very effective at shifting all that burnt on grime!

For the bastad bits I have used Spirits of Salts but it's a dangerous liquid, 37% hydrochloric acid, eats anything organic and I find that includes oven filth.

be extremely careful with it though. Dulwich DIY do 500ml (?3) or 1 litre bottles (?4).

Wear rubber gloves, protect your arms and wear builders goggles and don't breath the fumes. If it sizzles it's found something organic, hopefully not your skin !

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning DulwichFox,

I have an electric oven with induction hob which needed some loving, I considered massaging her with all the leading brands. My concern being the very toxic leading brands happen to badly effect some seals and are not plesent to use. My method being to use baking soda, ensuring the oven/hob is cooled before damping down lightly using a spray bottle is good. I then sprinkle baking soda over the damp oven areas leaving to work its magic. After a nice cup of tea simply scrub up and repeat if need be. It works a treat on the oven window and I feel it way more effective than most toxic foams and sprays.