What your dreams say about you

wee quinnie

I had a dream last night, where me and Quinnie mor, were helping someone who had been stabbed, and we wrapped the man up in my sleeping bag, whilst waiting for the ambulance. When the ambulance arrived I said, to Quinnie mor, "Can you get the sleeping bag off him, cause it's Cath Kidston limited edition, and you cant get them anymore??"

I tbink this is saying, maybe I should re-evaluate my priorities.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was in the countryside outside an ancient city

> (Rome or Athens or something like that) last night

> and I had a gun and armfuls of corporate flipchart

> jobbies with KPIs and sales figures etc on them.

Oh! I like this one. Analysis anyone?

I find it blinkin hard to look up my dreams and get anything worthwhile from books or tinterweb. Quite sad but on the occassions that I have a truly vivid and memorable one I've taken to spending a pound and explaining it to AQA and waiting for a text back to tell me what it's all about. let them do the investigations!

Brendan ... you're not an arms dealer then?

Being the nosey b*gger I am .... I've just texted AQA with your dream.... I await response!

Also going to find out why I lost a blue parrakeet on saturday night ... hmmm very odd

I was the front runner in some sort of French reality TV thing to find the next big thing in theatre. They were looking for a 'serious actor'. It was still fairly early on in the process. There were five contestants, and only two of us with any real hope of winning. I was just keeping ahead of the other guy. The thing is, I was bluffing and had no idea what I was doing from one moment to the next. I was quite enjoying it though.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh I had a funny one last night - Forum related in fact.

I have often wondered what Kalamity Kel's job is - because she does refer to it frequently in her posts. Last night, I dreamt that she was working in White Stuff. (No, I've never met her).

I think this means I should have gone to the Curry night last night.

The most boring set of words in the world are..

"I had this really weird dream last night" ...I just switch off. It hasn't happened, it's not real and it's tedious beyond belief. Keep your dreams to yourself please people (or you jungian therapist is welcome to this shit too).

I woke up from a dreaming this morning about being in "Hamsterdam" Baltimore (The Wire) and having to photograph 'Preposition Joe' with someone else's camera which didn't work. Fortunately he was in a good mood because of the street party. Thankfully Omar didn't turn up!

• 2 months later...

Ok, as much as I hate to agree with ???? even a little bit, I'm not normally a big fan of dream stories, but I thought I'd share this.

Last night I dreamt I was driving through central London when a huge (as tall as me), grey eagle started slowly circling my car and finally landed next to me.

The reason it stood out is that my dreams are not normally very symbolic, they're normally quite literal and to do with whatever I've done that day. For example, after catching up with the forum before bed the day before I dreamt about much maligned, East Dulwich doctors getting together to stage a millitary uprising (thus exposing their partisan underbelly you see) And needless to say, I did not encounter a giant eagle yesterday.

Anyway, there's a quick insight into my psychological underbelly to go with your morning coffee. What do you think?

I had a dream that I was Madonna's mate last night. We became friends and we went out for a run and she was very open about her problems with me. I went back to her house, which was a corner Victorian house that was pretty normal and a bit grubby, in fact. The people around her treated her badly, disaparagingly, even as she was getting ready to go on stage. She then 'dropped' me and ignored me more and more. Hmmm. It was very vivid and I was just thinking about it when I saw the dream thread.