Have you had an interesting or unusual life?

youandiaredominoes

Hello all,

I'm on a journalism course at the moment and one of the assignments is to interview someone who has had a life changing experience or an interesting life - which could include having an unusual career or career change, an unusual event happen to them, or something out of the ordinary.

If you have an interesting story to tell, I would love to have a chat with you about it as the basis for my article. Please get in touch if you would like to participate or would like to nominate someone you know or if you would like to find out more. It is not for publication (just for the purposes of my assignment) but who knows, if the article is good and you want it published we can always look into it?

I look forward to hearing from you

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What's the statute of limitations?

You know the ten o?clock watershed? The one where a person cannot be held responsible for anything they say in a pub after 10 o?clock? Well it?s a bit like that but backwards and with less beer. Also it doesn?t necessarily have to involve a pub.

I once got very drunk in my twenties and was unable to board a tube train so I just sat on a seat until I could focus. Eventually, when yet another train pulled in, I mouthed the word 'help' to a female who saw me. She got off the train and took me all the way home to my front door. Lovely girl from Rome. Never met her again.

Given that constituted just a few hours of time I suppose I can't claim to have had an interesting life and for all I know Italian girls may make a habit of doing this sort of thing so it may not even be unusual.

I also met Phil Lynott.

MrBen Wrote:

> Huguenot Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I once unknowingly shagged Aled Jones' then

> > girlfriend, and he got really cross.

>

> You do know that he bats for the other team?

He was an all-rounder back then... either that or all this was before Huge got prescription lenses. Unknowingly indeed.

Okay, and this is going to sound weird, but it's a true story.

Back when this forum was invented (before the telephone) El Pibe and StraferJack made me pay them ?32.71 a day to not reveal to Quids where I lived. It wasn't about the Euro, they provided cast iron truth that Quids was Aled Jones, and he was going to kill me.

Now it all seems silly, but honest truth, you go back and read some of his comments, and he really sounded like the Anglesey crooner. With a knife.

You go ahead, believe what you want. Those guys are not what they make themselves out to be.

MrBen Wrote:

> Huguenot Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I once unknowingly shagged Aled Jones' then

> > girlfriend, and he got really cross.

> You do know that he bats for the other team?

Surely not Gloucestershire ?