Dental implants

peachy

Thanks all for your advice. It sounds as if what I've been quoted is about right. I have called around a few other dentists but they're all a bit cagey and want you to come in for a consultation (that costs) until they can tell you how much.

Not sure if would be any cheaper but Oral Max Fax surgeons and dentists do this work in private hospitals, and are usually geared up to give competitive quotes, often undercutting a competitor's written quotation to win work. The BMI group have hospital in South London - avoid central London Private Hospitals - they'll charge Harley St prices

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Costs a lot and not done on the NHS. Shop around

> for a better quote (people don't tend to do this)

> or a more riskier approach is to go abroad eg

> Hungary

>

> http://www.smilesavershungary.co.uk/dental-implant

> -prices-from-just-399-pounds-award-winning-budapes

> t-clinic-with-over-15000-implants-successfully-pla

> ced.htm?gclid=CKTR56P71K4CFcYntAodEnNcew

Hungarian dentists are world renown for their dental treatments.

?2.5k sounds about right... I am still dalaying finishing mine... (already paid for root canal and a crown on the stupid tooth and then paid to have it extracted :-( ) you can spread out the payments as the various parts of the process can take months to heal. My dentist did say they need to make sure you have good gums and decent bone in order to be able to do the implant, its not right, for everyone.

My brother went for a cheaper option which was a bridge, i think its less invasive as they attach a new tooth to the one next door, but i think there is more risk of damaging the good tooth.

Good luck.

Hello I second Hungary! For the best possible price then head for a town called Mosonmagyarovar its very near the Austrian border, and gets people travelling up from Germany. a lovely little town with 150 clinics!! easyjet to bratislava or BMI to Vienna both are less than an hour by bus.

http://www.treatmentinhungary.net/dentistry/dentists/prudent/

Thanks again for your comments. I've been told I have good bone density, best compliment I've had in a while! Thefore hopefully I won't need the bone grafting. I feel better now I know that ?2,500 is about right and I'm not being ripped off.

I would add that you really want to be sure they're the right option for you.

I had three implants on the NHS, due to a genetic condition, and whilst they are amazing and have changed my life, the surgery was very painful.

I believe that if you have them privately you do have the option of sedation for the procedure, NHS only give you local anaesthetic.

You do have to be very careful afterwards, for example if you smoke there's a higher risk of the implants failing, but you'll get all that info if you go for it.

Good luck!

Go for the bridge if you can. It is much cheaper, less invasive, even if it does mean the removal of a tooth, and with good cleaning can last a very long time. I have two (due to abscesses) and have had no problems at all with them.