Debate on Prostitution at 11pm Tues 5th Feb on ITV1

ChavWivaLawDegree

Simply stick to the practicalities rather than the moral issue if possible. Banning prostitution simply cannot work (never has), simply criminalises both parties for daring to have sex for money (gosh, horror!) and leaves both working girls and punters exposed to risk of disease and physical violence. Just keep your cool and don't get provoked.

"Julie has written investigative features on international prostitution, sex tourism in Jamaica, stalking and harassment, transsexualism, being a lesbian schoolgirl, the beauty industry and serial killers. For a bit of light relief she has written on the death of the hostess trolley, female orchestra conductors, fancying Camilla Parker Bowles and hating vegetarians."

Oh dear god that sounds scary...best of luck mwah ha ha ah ha

Also, simply pointing out that almost all the "evils" of prostitution are actually CAUSED BY its criminalisation, rather than the evils WARRANTING its criminalisation. Same with drugs, almost all of the major problems associated with drug use are pretty clearly a direct consequence of it being unlawful. If any Government had the guts to legalise drug use (and I mean fully legalise, not just tolerate, but have the likes of heroin available in Boots or Superdrug etc) the vast majority of undesirable consequences would be eliminated overnight. Not to say I approve of or advocate drug use but simply that criminalising it makes a fraught situation infinitely more serious. Just a couple of thoughts.

Try not to sound to "rude girl", and don't blame it on the class system ;-)

You'll be fine, just don't let her wind you up, which she will probably try to do. She will probably also go in there believing that she is more intelligent than you are... Letting her believe this for a while could work to your advantage!

Oh goody! Something worth watching on the telly. Best of luck Chavtastic and keep your cool. Keef has offered what I think is some good advice so don't go in all guns blazing, keep your powder dry and then when you feel the time is right, let her have it right between the eyes. You go girl.

Basically have a few well rehearsed lines and try not to get too flustered.

I know I hate it when politicians trot out rehearsed lines rather than address the question, but you might find them a useful fallback if she keeps trying to shift your position to get you off balance.

Stay calm and enjoy it basically.

I may have to watch this one.

I agree with the comments to avoid the emotional. Challenge the morality - who are they (mainstream Politicians) to impose a set of moral values on anybody else? - given the current questionable activities of both Conservative and Labour politicians.

Trafficing will be thrown at you. Yes it is terrible, but are the majority of Prostitutes trafficed? I suggest not, some are and that is awful - but hit the trafiicers not the Prostitutes and the not the clients. This generalisation is convenient way of trying to generate public support for what is essentially a political move.

Many sectors have bad sides - thousands of people are killed on the road - are we going to criminalise driving?

Also - how many MPs pay for sex I wonder? Are they really going to criminalise themselves?

Prostitution - legalise it, regulate it, tax it. Protect the Prostitutes, take those who abuse Prostitute women through the courts and put them away for a long time, but for gods sake lets get away from this bizzare Victorian hypocrisy.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I agree with the comments to avoid the emotional.

> Challenge the morality - who are they (mainstream

> Politicians) to impose a set of moral values on

> anybody else? - given the current questionable

> activities of both Conservative and Labour

> politicians.

>

> Trafficing will be thrown at you. Yes it is

> terrible, but are the majority of Prostitutes

> trafficed? I suggest not, some are and that is

> awful - but hit the trafiicers not the Prostitutes

> and the not the clients. This generalisation is

> convenient way of trying to generate public

> support for what is essentially a political move.

>

> Many sectors have bad sides - thousands of people

> are killed on the road - are we going to

> criminalise driving?

>

> Also - how many MPs pay for sex I wonder? Are they

> really going to criminalise themselves?

>

> Prostitution - legalise it, regulate it, tax it.

> Protect the Prostitutes, take those who abuse

> Prostitute women through the courts and put them

> away for a long time, but for gods sake lets get

> away from this bizzare Victorian hypocrisy.

Hear, hear, old chap! Well said.

I'm sorry, but don't you have young kids at school? How the hell do they cope with their mother's relentless pursuit of fame and boasting about being a hooker on national tv, and the newspapers, I have looked on the internet and you have been on tv no less than 5 or 6 different programmes boasting about how clever you are, how much money you make and wouldn't for the life of you ever get a proper day job as your'e just way to clever for that and make way too much money! Prancing about naked, all I can think of about is your poor kids!!

ChavWivaLawDegree Wrote:

> Maximay, I think you have gor me mixed up with

> your mum.

>

> Nice one. Great advice guys. I'm gona go have a

> bath, try to relax and try to stop my stomach

> flipping up and down for a bit!!!

>

> If anyone gets a chance I'd love a copy!

I think the mum joke went out about 3 years ago. Not difficult to do the research, been on Kilroy boasting, been on Soho Stories, been on British sex, please feel free to check up on the internet, wasn't that hard to find it all, go on prove me wrong then if I'm talking Crap, and thats even before mentioning the newspapers!

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> Prostitution - legalise it, regulate it, tax it.

> Protect the Prostitutes, take those who abuse

> Prostitute women through the courts and put them

> away for a long time, but for gods sake lets get

> away from this bizzare Victorian hypocrisy.

Spot on Michael. Well said.

Shooting the messenger a bit aren't you maximay.

CWALD's a self confessed politician these days and has certain issues that are close to home for her; wouldn't you take up soap boxing opportunities if you wanted to discuss/debate and air them.

You have a legitimate complaint, but I suggest you take it up with auntie beeb re why they waste(d) the taxpayers' money on sh!te like Kilroy ;-)