The Vale

andycam

Is it me or does this bar really need a change of management. You never truly feel welcome. Nobody seems to go there anymore.

Also, do you think as i do, that this bar is the perfect place to host live music?

Over to you guys.... How would you regenerate this bar?

If the current management had the foresight (which they don't) I think it could quite easily make a good music venue and I don't mean some poxy little dance floor under a mirror ball and crappy lighting while cheap looking girls in scuffed white stilletos dance around their handbags to some 70s and 80s disco shite.

andycam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it me or does this bar really need a change of

> management. You never truly feel welcome. Nobody

> seems to go there anymore.

My God is it really still like that? I once popped in there some years ago and got that impression, along with over priced drinks and scary looking bouncers on the door...

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If the current management had the foresight (which

> they don't) I think it could quite easily make a

> good music venue and I don't mean some poxy little

> dance floor under a mirror ball and crappy

> lighting while cheap looking girls in scuffed

> white stilletos dance around their handbags to

> some 70s and 80s disco shite.

Have you been spying on me at the weekends?

I think that the place turns around staff way too quickly. I get the impression that a certain white haired old chap with a a name begining with 'T' ending in 'ony' abuses staff and customers alike and doesn't allow the place to become the bar it could easily be.

I reckon with the space they've got there, they could easily follow in, say, a Walkabout's steps and have local live bands play. It would be the Perfect gig venue in the area. I'd buy the place!

Maybe someone should print off all the threads about the place and post then through the door before opening. Would love him to hear what people think of him and his bar. The place has the potential and the location to be something awesome!

Against the flow, I occasionally meet my partner there for a quick drink after work as it is close to the station and have never seen any trouble, the decor is good and the fire lovely (choice of beers ok-ish).

Perhaps it's because we're on our way by 7.30ish that we don't see the more seedy side of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Popped in there last night before going to Springers for a meal. I find the Vale inoffesnsive, and it is the nearest pub to me so I'll keep going there. Staff are always friendly - Danny's alright but I tend to agree with comments about owner.

The gardens is lakes in the summer!

Hello Forum members,

If anybody has any constructive comments about The Vale,

Please forword them via e-mail to me at [email protected] and i will reply to them a.s.a.p.

Our new management looks forword to hearing from The Dulwich Forum members.

We shall be shortly be hosting Pub Quizs on thursday nights from 8,o clock onwards.I will post the starting date shortly.

Also we will be starting up Jamming sessions on sunday nights in the near future, again i will post the date that this will be starting.

Kind Regards

Gary Cummins