The Hay Festival

Beazo

Hi,

It's running from the 22nd May until 1st of June. As I understand it, it's a festival that brings together literature (readings etc), comedy, debates and a whole host of speakers talking about the future / impact of life in the world....anything really...but I might be wrong!

Here's what it says on the homepage and I've also included a link:

"Hay Festival, a gathering in the staggering beauty of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Writers, comedians and musicians that have the capacity to change our lives, to share new visions of the world, and to do that incredibly sexy thing ? to renew our sense of wonder."

http://www.hayfestival.com/wales/default.aspx

Cheers :)

"Hay Festival, a gathering in the staggering beauty of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Writers, comedians and musicians that have the capacity to change our lives, to share new visions of the world, and to do that incredibly sexy thing ? to renew our sense of wonder."

Got to make Pseuds corner, surely?

I go regularly with family - highly recommended for anyone who likes literature,comedy, music etc - a bit like a v civilised rock festival though all events are paid for individually. Might be worth waiting for the line-up to be announced. The one big catch is finding accommodation - unless you camp you'll be pushed to find anything within hay at a reasonable price - too many regulars keep going back,which is, i guess, proof of its appeal.

if you like books etc and also a rock festival vibe why not google the newer Latitude Festival in suffolk. It's closer to ED too!