Where do you take your car to be washed?

LV0210

Hi,

Just wondering where you normally take your car to be washed in ED, Peckham etc? I normally wash my car by hand but think it is probably better to get someone to do it so that it is done on a more regular basis.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to highjack your thread, but I'm looking for the same thing. Do you mean the one actually in Sainsbury's car park or is it straight at the mini-roundabout and somewhere in there? The one in Sainsbury's car park looks like it's exterior only and not very well-equipped, but I may well be wrong!

Many thanks,

Will

CrystalWill,

The one in Dulwich Hamlet rather than Sainsbury's car park. You go past the usual car entrance and turn left, then a sharp right into the car park. We've aways taken our car there, always been happy with the result.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just came back from this car wash (Hamlet football car park next to the East Dulwich sainsbury's). All I can say is that they have damaged my car by doing something I specifically asked them not to before handing over the key. Of course, they said "no problem" to accommodate my request but when I came back a little early from my shop, I spotted them doing exactly what I asked them not to! As a result, a 200 pounds worth of damage has been incurred to my car (just got off the phone from our garage).

When I voiced my anger at this, their response was "if you were aware of this potential issue, why did you get the car washed with us" and that it was "your fault". Then they proceeded to chat angrily amongst themselves (there was a group of them) and I couldn't understand a thing they were saying. It made me feel extremely uncomfortable and to a degree, threatened as a woman on my own.

We used this car wash a good 3/4 years ago and it was really well done then. Now that they have changed hands and the standard has fallen and these new people treat your car really roughly. As I was dropping off our car in the queue, they did a wheel spin with the car in front of ours to move it along. Of course, the owner of that car would never be aware of that and it was their attitude that was appalling.

If anyone is thinking about using them, I would really urge you to look for another place if you want to avoid any potential damage to your car!