SE22 places you've never been in

Nero

Nero,

Whilst you are not missing out on anything special by not going into Le Moulin (unless you count having your vegetables dished up for you, after your main has arrived as special) I wouldn't go out of your way. Come to think of it that style of service is rather special...

However, I've said it before, the Guinness in The Castle is excellent, if that is your tipple of choice.

Places I've never been:

Any bookies

Amusement arcade

The bathroom/sink/tap shop

Jojomamanbebeetcetc

any of the greasy spoons

the weird little basement shop underneath one of the greasy spoons, next to The Palmerston

The Irish Shop

Most of the Chemists / pharmacies

The Eco Shop

Speedo Pizza

The Gun Shop

The Mexican Restaurant

Inside 72

All of the curry houses except for Tandoori nights (once - never again. Quite poor and over priced).

The Hi-fi shop

There must be more...

E2A:

Blue Mountain

Chandelier

Foxtons

Dominos pizza

All of the shops on Grove Vale, except the jerk chicken shop and the afro barbers.

There are loads of key ED establishments I've never been in :-$

Green & Blue

Franklins

The Plough

Chener Books

Tandoori Nights

The Irish Shop

Mrs Robinson

Moxons

Any of the kids shops/maternity type places

The drum

Places I've only ever been in once:

ED Deli - ?3.50 for a loaf of bread. Say no more...

Dr Boo - too many free beauty products from work to buy any more

The weird little basement shop under the Palmerston

Blue Brick Cafe - Nero go there for breakfast. I thought it was good, suitably unponcy and the portions were decent

Inside 72 - damn I felt cool

Sea Cow

I really want to go to the vintage shop on Upland Rd. Used to live round the corner so not sure why I never went in

There's a gun shop Horsebox??

embellina, yes there is a gun shop. I think it's on the same block as Moxons, Franklins etc. It's more of an antique weaponry shop but calling it a gun shop has a more startling effect;-)

and ????, how do you know that these places are overrated and overpriced if you have never been in them, hmmm?

Oh dear, I seem to have gone in most places except for half the hairdressers, the slightly weird looking chemist/health/new age shop near Raylons, and the radio shop with the charming red & white fence, Inside 72, The Castle and The Vale and the Constitution Club and to date have only patronised one curry house (this will be amended).

I have danced a quickstep with a leprechaun inside St Thomas More Hall. Honest.

You're never too old, Gerrard. Besides, looks like the place is selling up so go try it while you can.

Gerrard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought I was alone in never having been to

> Inside 72... I have been meaning to for years but

> have never quite made it. I am probably too old

> now in any case...