Question to DM

Kathryn

I also have given up alchol for lent but now I am getting conflicting reports about when I am allowed to start again. I thought it was Easter Sunday? Is the right, help. A vicar said that sundays dont count, that cant be right and defeats the point doesnt it.

Dear Kathryn,

My mother says that 'Protestants' make up their own rules (she is a real charmer isn't she?). As far as she is concerned the damned reformists have caused no end of trouble... Anyhow, according to darling 'mammy', if you are observing Lent properly - you are to abstain for the entire duration of it, even Sundays.

The Easter eggs on Easter Sunday are indeed (good old Keef) a reward for behaving yourself.

On Easter Sunday we shall party!

I could murder a drink, and so I had a virtual drinking session in the Lounge yesterday, and drank a bottle of gin through a straw. This is the hardest thing I have ever done. Honestly!

Good luck Kathryn, it is good to know someone else is suffering too. It actually feels quite supportive.

It has been a silent help to know there was someone else out there feeling the pain. I to have imagined a virtual drink beside the pool in the lounge but it became a bit painful so i had to leave, very quietly.

I have shrunk away from going to bars and dream of a large gin and tonic. In fact a number of alcholic beverages sound really great, but i cant think about it too much.

I know the sundays off day was a dupe.

Thank you Keef

Thank you DM your are my silent rock in this, roll on Easter Sunday. Although I have a feeling Monday morning might be painful maybe a puchase of some especially large sunglasses might be a good Easter gift to self.

Dear Kathryn,

What a super idea! I have seen the most amazing selection of over sized sunglasses in that enormous House of Fraser on London Bridge (Monument?) - I shall go there on Monday and keep you posted!

I think we should keep this thread as a thread just to support those of us making Lenten sacrifices...

That quite excites me. I think perhaps it really is time for me to embrase the large sunglasses, a whole new world. I awaite the results from your excurtion to the house of fraser with excitment. Oh something to take my mind of lent purity.

Well done to everyone who has given up something for lent. Many start but wow its a long time most people I know havent got this far.

Dear Sister Kathryn,

I am sure that we were separated at birth! I understand your fears only too well...

I love that expression 'magic money card', and when I just used it (the expression - not the card, clearly) in front of my husband, I managed to grab his full attention in a way I haven't achieved in years!!!

I don't think I ever saw my darling husband look so fearful (apart from that one occasion when he could not find his debenture tickets for Twickenham and Max had taken to chewing paper - he was much younger then...)

I must say I find the enormous new glasses surprisingly flattering, especially with my current sunken cheeks due to my abstinance from all sweeties and alcohol. Why they make me look positively waif like!

Mother superior

Who knew that one so young could reach such a position but it is true that is what you are.

I am thinking this bold new look might deserve a pre emtive visit to the hairdressers. Havent been for about nine months!!! You can imagine the state I look I'm not even sure if I should have admitted the lack of attention I have shown to myself really.

I am considering going for a blond bob for the summer. I know radical changes are normally for the end of a realationship but I'm thinking it doesnt always have to be that way. This could be a celebration of spring and booze. I currently have my natural colour shoulder lengh mousey brown hair.? Too much of a depature?

Kathryn

Dear Kathryn,

You truely have worked me out. Mother superior I certainly am, and there even those who have referred to me as 'Sister' in the past...

I am afraid that although the bob is indeed a classic cut, it has been rendered naff by Victoria Chavtastic Beckham (if she is actually Posh then we really are in trouble!). I think instead, you should get yourself one of those turban thingies that they are currently raving about in all of the magazines. Either that, or go for a wimple. That certainly would be a bit of a departure around and about Lordship Lane... Don't you agree?

Mr Mikewbate,

I am certainly not trying to loose weight, I am actually physically perfect right now - have you not seen me in my white CK bikini? If it so happens that I loose weight due to my abstinance from all treats in an effort to become closer to the lord - well so be it!

Clearly you mis-understood darling man.

Forgive me

You have certinally made me see sence. The bob is now certinally out of the question.

It is not long now and I'm almost a little fearful of having two glasses of wine and being completly squiffy. The wimple in these cercumstances may not create quite the right impression although I admire anyone who carrys it off.

Have you found any good glasses?

One week to go

Kathryn

dulwichmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dear Kathryn,

>

> I checked out the sunglasses yesterday, and there

> is only one brand to buy this summer - Prada, not

> too blingtastic, terribly large, wonderfully

> tastefully, rather understated!

>

I've just got some of those...but they do have a - gold - metal frame around the top part of the lenses only, though quite low-key and not blingtastic at all. Tried on about 60 different pairs, and they were the ones that looked best, so don't really mind if they're 'so last year'. Repeat after me, "I am not a fashion victim!".

Louisiana

Mother Superior DM

This is great news. I will buy mine this Saturday in anticipation for Monday morning.

Now the next important question is which drink will be the first. Will it be a lunch time checky cold glass of rose. A glass of bubbly to celebrate Easter and the end of abstenance. I naughty bloody mary at breakfast or a longer wait untill the evening.

On reflection about the wimple. I think even after a dozen times around my rosary I might not have been forgiven enough to don one. Not unless we do a forum easter sound of music show!