Did anyone else just feel the earth move??

Annasfield

so it wasn't my imagination! I did wonder at the time, felt a bit of vertigo, and then forgot about it. Just looked at the BBC news website:

Earthquake hits much of England http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm

The biggest earthquake in the UK for nearly 25 years has shaken homes across large parts of England.

People in Newcastle, Yorkshire, London, Manchester, the Midlands and Norfolk felt the tremor at about 0100 GMT.

Dear Redrouge,

Well your friends in Lewisham will have felt it, and I would venture that the inhabitants of Lambeth were cowering under their kitchen tables too, these areas have so much in common with areas like Grimsby. You will find that the homes of Dulwich are good quality dwellings, built on firm foundations. The gin in my glass didn't even ripple, and I had already consumed half a bottle.

This is afterall Dulwich darling, we are just not prone to this type of hysterical happening around here...

For those who it did wake, or who were awake anyway - did it not freak you out a little?

I was quite spooked by it at first as I thought I was imagining things, but it was clear towards the end what was going on. Felt like I was in a scene from The Exorcist! :-S

No one in the office even knew about this morning and they all thought I was taking the Mick. I think those who did experience it have been more excited. Not the sort of thing you expect to experience in the UK.

I was awake and i just thought i must be more tired than i realised. Noone mentioned it at school either. I would have thought the kids would have been going on about it non stop but then again I suppose they most probably watch cartoons in the morning not GMTV.

I think we're prone to odd weather as opposed to strange earthmovements!

My friend said he felt the earthquake, CDs fell from his shelf, yet my boyfrind and his flatmate felt absoloutely nothing! I suppose when it comes to Lewisham it all depends on how many CDs you own to measure the magnitude of truly British earthquake.

I was also drinking at 1am (also gin!) but consuming cheese on toast (mozzarella). I wonder if cheese on toast buffers earthquakes...