3 Bed Maisonette, Camberwell, ?1950pcm, available now

mikede

THE FLAT

The flat was purchased by the landlord in April 2014 and was completely refurbished at that time. Works included: new kitchen, bathroom, re-wire throughout, redecoration, and new flooring and carpets. The landlord lives elsewhere on Sceaux Gardens and is consequently able to attend to any emergency repairs very quickly.

The rent is inclusive of all heating, hot water and gas. The only bills tenants are responsible for are:

? Council Tax

? Water

? Telephone and Internet

Electricity is via a pre-payment charge key (this can be charged at a local corner shop).

The flat is served by a central boiler house on the estate, and all radiators have thermostatic controls. The flat is well insulated and benefits from well fitting windows which were renewed in 2013.

Each bedroom is furnished with curtains, lightshade, bed, wardrobe and bedside cabinet. The kitchen is equipped with gas hob, electric oven, fridge freezer and washing machine. Water pressure is excellent throughout and is boosted in the bathroom by a pump.

There is secure bike storage available via the lockers located on the ground floor.

THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

Sceaux Gardens is a friendly community, resident turnover is generally low and there is a thriving Tenants and Residents Association (TRA) which meets monthly. The TRA has strong links with the South London Gallery. There is a community garden space behind Mistral block which residents can use.

Terry and Sandra at number 27 are very friendly and are happy to help take in deliveries etc.

Currently the immediate vicinity is subject to several exciting new developments which will greatly enhance the neighbourhood: UAL campus development, old Town Hall and Theatre Peckham build and Lakanal House refurbishment.

THE LOCATION

Situated midway between Camberwell Green and Rye Lane, Peckham the flat is ideally located for all local amenities in these burgeoning neighbourhoods. Pubs, restaurants and cafes abound. Open space is plentiful at Burgess Park, Warwick Gardens or Peckham Rye Common. There are a number of leisure centres close by together with Herne Hill Velodrome and Brockwell Park Lido a short bike ride away.

Transport links are exceptional, numerous buses to all central areas, network rail and Overground from Peckham Rye and tube at Oval, Elephant & Castle and Vauxhall.

The proximity of UAL and SLG lends a trendy arty vibe to the area and provides a cosmopolitan mix with the areas more traditional working class and immigrant residents.

Further afield but still close are East Dulwich and Brixton.

6 weeks deposit secured via Tenants Deposit Scheme, EPC and gas safety certificate.

Call: 07582 385770

Archived