Wanted, a property that needs some TLC

onlyjones

Hello all

My girlfriend and I are looking for a 6 month rental around East Dulwich from 11th April (or preferably Norwood but would also consider other areas). The last time we took a flat we found a wonderful couple on this forum who had a tired property which they were struggling to rent at the top rate. As a professional painter/ handyman (excellent references on this and other forums), I was in a position to make significant improvements to their property in order to make it more rentable whilst providing us with a home. We essentially traded work for rent up to the value of the repairs and then paid full rent once the work was completed.

This particular rental was for more than 2 years but most of the work was carried out within the first few weeks. We paid a reasonable deposit and signed standard ASTs throughout and built a great relationship with the couple who we now consider friends.

Please do contact me if you are in a similar position and you think we may be able to work together on a project. I can offer you references from the couple mentioned and also references from my clients from the EDF and Herne Hill Forums. I very much hope we are lucky enough to find someone we can work with again and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I should also mention my girlfriend is a registered care worker and works full time.

Best regards

Dave and Nicky

Archived