Unique proposal for landlords from local painter

onlyjones

Hello all?

My girlfriend and I are looking for a minimum 12 month rental within the Southwark borough around East Dulwich or Nunhead/ Peckham Rye from the 1st of October. The last time we rented we found a wonderful couple who had a tired property which they were struggling to rent at the top rate. As a local professional painter/ handyman (since 1998) with excellent references on this and other forums, I was in a position to make significant improvements to their property in order to make it more rentable whilst providing us with a home. We essentially traded work for rent up to the value of the repairs and then paid rent once the work was completed. In addition I carried out the maintenance within the property which relieved that burden from the landlord.?

This particular rental lasted more than 2 years although most of the work was carried out within the first few weeks. We paid a reasonable deposit, signed standard ASTs throughout and built a great relationship with the couple who we now consider friends.?

Please do contact me if you are in a similar position and you think we may be able to work together on a project. I can offer you references from the couple mentioned, our current landlady and also references from my clients from the EDF and Herne Hill Forums. I very much hope we are lucky enough to find someone we can work with again and thank you for taking the time to read this post.?

I should also mention my girlfriend works full time in a school supporting children with learning disabilities.?

Best regards?

Dave and Nicky

• 3 weeks later...

Archived