Experienced English tutor available for 7+ and 11+ prep

I am a tutor because I passionately believe that it is important that every child has a positive academic experience. I believe that every child, if given focused attention and guidance, has the ability to advance academically. I am committed to helping my students realise and unlock their potential. My desire comes from being a parent who holds a deep-seated believe in the power of parental engagement and the wish to help children to succeed and believe in themselves.

I coach children requiring general assistance with their reading, comprehension, grammar and creative writing. I also work with children who are preparing for their 7+ and 11+ entrance exams. As a tutor it is a great feeling seeing all of my students achieve their individual goals both big and small.

My goal is to help children to become confident, engaged, motivated, independent learners by assisting them to reverse any self-limiting believes they may be holding on to whilst providing them with formulae which can be applied across a wide range of subjects.

Every child is unique and it is for this reason that I have developed a flexible teaching style. I combine my academic, creative and coaching skills to create impactful, innovative fun teaching methods for my students. Individual tutoring plans (ITP) are created for each student enabling me to identify, set and track goals in a clear and measurable way.

I have a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate and references are available on request.

Archived