4 day space available in nanny share with brilliant British nanny

mmiranda

Sadly we are leaving our nanny share as I am going on maternity leave in March. Our brilliant nanny Jaki has been looking after our 2 year old daughter since she was 8 months old.

Currently there are 3 other toddlers in the share, each attending different days, so Jaki has no more than 3 each day. The share is currently hosted at my house in Peckham on Mon, Tues and Fri with the other two days at another family?s home in East Dulwich/Forest Hill. Jaki picks the children up in the morning and drops them home. Preferably, we are looking to fill the space we are leaving with the same arrangement, with shared hosting and attending 4 days per week. The arrangement is flexible though, so individual requirements will be considered.

Jaki is very capable, loving and firm (without ever raising her voice!), prepares fresh meals and snacks for the children each day and takes them out to parks, playgrounds, local farms and soft play. I cannot credit Jaki enough for the lovely behaviour she has instilled in my daughter ? sitting at the table for meals, manners and providing routine. The children play very well together and look forward to seeing each other in the day.

The other parents in the share are lovely and a pleasure to deal with and we were all brought together by this forum.

Please PM me if interested or require more details.

A second space in our wonderful nanny share will be available in May. My husband and I are (rather unexpectedly) relocating back to the states. We had planned to stay with Jaki for the duration of our time in the UK - originally a few more years - and would happily do so, if not for the move.

As a first time Mom, I was so nervous about leaving my son with a nanny, but after meeting Jaki, I was put at ease. She immediately wanted to hold my son and had him giggling in minutes. He has always seemed very comfortable with her - never crying when being picked up in the morning (did I mention she picks him up?!) and excited to see her on days when the share is in my home. He's nearly a year now (after 5 months in the share) and I worry he's going to miss her dearly!

I work from home the majority of the time, so I've seen Jaki in action quite a bit. She's very relaxed, never giving off any feelings of stress or tension. She takes the children out every day - parks, soft play, a playground, even to breakfast. Within a couple weeks, she had them all on the same schedule - with 3 children eating and napping at the same times. My son has progressed so much, being exposed to the other children and her guidance.

If you're interested in joining the share, I'm happy to answer questions or share more details.

My 21 month old son is also in the share with Jaki 2 days per week since May last year.

Jaki is a warm, kind and loving nanny and my son adores her; literally throws himself into her arms when she comes to pick him up from our home! My son loves playing with the other children and they have a lot of fun together in the two homes that the share is based out of, and in daily visits to parks, soft play or playgroups.

Jaki is an active nanny and responds to what the children need each day, within a good routine.

One of the first days my son was in Jaki's care in our home, my son had had a bad night the night before and hadn't slept much, jaki was holding him to comfort him and he fell asleep in her arms. I had errands to run and when I returned an hour later, jaki was still holding him. I think I was more comforted than my son!

For further references for jaki I include the link to the thread that from previous families in the share.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1526141,1526141#msg-1526141

If you have any specific questions please feel free to get in touch.

We are the other family in the share, having joined in late September. We were also first time parents and were naturally very nervous about how our daughter would cope full time in a nanny share. She has absolutely blossomed being part of this extended family, Jaki is so loving and patient with her (and us!). We couldn't have asked for a better nanny for our child.

Our daughter was a very reluctant walker when she started and within a few weeks she was walking, running and climbing. I think because Jaki takes the kids to so many fun and exciting places that she was desperate to be able to join in more and do what the other kids were.

Jaki got our daughter into a really strong routine that all the children share and it has made our home life much easier as she now consistently sleeps through the night and maintains the routine at weekends which is something we struggled with.

Jaki has been great with us as parents, picking up and dropping off our daughter everyday and patiently waiting if we get delayed on our way home.

We would love to have some other great families in the share, if you want any more information, please PM me.

Hi.

I am moving to the area in March.I would be interested in a nanny share for three days Mon/Wed's for my daughter Odette who will be 1 at the end of March.

We would be looking to start some time in April if possible. It would deb lovely to chat further and here more about the nanny share you have.

Thank you so much.

Hayley

Hi dear mother,

I saw that you looking for a nanny / nanny share.

I'm starting my search for a new full time job. Currently working 4 days with two beautiful twins boys and their sister in Streatham and from July, the children go to the nursery, then the family will not need me anymore for 4 days, so ...

I have two options:

1) Find a new full time for 4/5 days and work according to the needs of the future family;

2) Keep me for 2 days with the current family, being available for 3 days for a future family;

Please, I want to send my CV for your appreciation, maybe we can schedule an interview? which email I could send?

Do not leave me out! I have great references :)

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Erica

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived