Our fantastic au pair is looking for some extra work - can you help?

vgj1981

Our fantastic Spanish au pair has been with us since September. We had originally planned to have her for a full year but our son has been offered a place at nursery sooner than we expected so we are having to reduce her hours. She would really like to stay with us and continue to improve her English but she won't be able to fund herself with the new hours we are offering.

I was hoping to find another family (or families) that could use her skills for a few hours a week which would allow her to earn enough to stay a bit longer. She has been a fantastic help to us and I'm sure would be a great asset to any family.

She is reliable, cheerful, responsible and very considerate. Since being with us she has got to know our older son (he's 2) really well, plays with him on his level and they have a brilliant time together. Having been a bit wary at first, he now absolutely loves her! She helps to keep his bedroom, toys and clothes tidy and organised; she helps with mealtimes, childcare (we also have a 4-month-old baby), babysitting and is always willing to help out with whatever we need.

Because we are a Spanish-speaking family, she has been speaking Spanish with us and therefore hasn't had the usual au pair opportunities to improve her English, but she has gone out of her way to make English-speaking friends in order to practise and her English as really come on as a result.

From the beginning of March she will be available most weekdays after 9am and most evenings for babysitting. She has already done some work with other local families who I'm sure would be happy to provide independent references if needed. If you would like more details, please feel free to PM and/or I can put you in touch with her directly.

Thank you very much

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• What would I do about cyclists?  The failed Tory manfesto commitment to train all kids was an excellent proposal.  Public information campaigns aimed at all road users, rather than singling some out, to more considerately share the road, as TfL have done, is welcome too. As for crunching vehicles.  I'd extend this to illegal ebikes, illegal e-scoooters (I think some local authorities have done this with the latter) but before that I would (a) legislate that the delivery companies move away from zero hours contracts to permanent employees and take responsibility for their training, vehicles and behaviour on the road.   More expensive takeaways are a price worth paying for safer roads and proper terms and conditions (b) legislate to register all illegal e-bikes and scooters so that when they are found on the road the retailer takes a hit, and clamp down on any grey markets.  If you buy an e scooter say from Halfords this comes with a disclaimer that it can only be used on private land with the owner's permission.
    • I know a lot of experts in the field and getting a franchise was a license to print money, that is why Virgin were so happy to spend lots of dosh challenging government ten years ago when they lost the West Coast franchise.  This will not be overnight, rather than when the franchise has come to the end. Government had previously taking over the operator of last resort when some TOCs screwed up. Good, at last some clear blue water between the parties.  Tories said they were going to do a halfway house, but I've not noticed.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Railways   : "On 19 October 2022, Transport Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan announced that the Transport Bill which would have set up GBR would not go ahead in the current parliamentary session.[15] In February 2023, Transport Secretary Mark Harper re-affirmed the government's commitment to GBR and rail reform.[16] The 2023 King's speech announced the progression of a draft Rail Reform Bill which would enable the establishment of GBR, although it has not been timetabled in the Parliamentary programme.[5] The Transport Secretary Mark Harper later told the Transport Select Committee that the legislation was unlikely to reach Royal Assent within the 2023-2024 parliamentary session.[17]"
    • Can't help thinking that regardless of whether Joe wanted to be interviewed, the 'story' that Southwark News wanted to write just got a lot less interesting with 'tyre shop replaced with ... tyre shop'! 
    • Labour are proposing to nationalise the railways, (passenger trains but not fright)  Whilst it removes them from shareholders control, and potential profit chasing, is it workable or will it end up costing tax payers more in the long run?  On paper the idea is interesting but does it also need the profitable freight arm included to help reduce fares,? 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In