Midwife-led antenatal classes for Autumn babies 2016

Dear mums-to-be,

Are you expecting your baby end of end October/November?

Are you looking for antenatal classes run by an experienced and practising midwife? A course to prepare you for labour, birth and early days with your baby and where you can meet other local parents expecting around your dates?

I am a midwife with many years of experience and for the last 4 years, I have been running midwife-led group antenatal courses in East Dulwich; these are informative but informal, research and experience-based, fun and dynamic, a space where you can have your questions answered from a non-judgmental point of view and meet a lovely group of other local expectant parents. The course content is as follows:

Wednesday September 7th 2016: process of labour, how labour unfolds

Wednesday September 14th 2016: coping strategies and medical pain relief options

Wednesday September 21st 2016: when birth does not go to plan, ventouse, forceps and elective or emergency c-section

Wednesday September 28th 2016: recovering from birth and life with a newborn baby, what to expect

Wednesday October 5th 2016: early days with baby, practicalities such as swaddling, bathing, nappies, soothing a crying baby

Wednesday October 12th 2016: feeding your newborn baby

Classes run over 6 consecutive Wednesdays from 7pm to 9pm. The venue is the private room at the Lordhsip Pub, 211 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich.

Getting to know the other couples in the group is very important, hence, during the course I organise two social events with the whole group, another one for partners only (very important!) and another when the course is over and a final reunion with parents and babies. After that, groups meet on a weekly basis, absolutely lovely!

The whole course, material and phone/email support throughout these weeks cost 240?, to pay upfront or in small installments, as it is more convenient for you.

If you were interested contact me for an informal chat at 07935435903, PM me or send me an email at [email protected]

For further details about the courses, contents, dates and FAQ please check my website at:

http://www.ariadnasole.com

Feel free to read my previous posts and comments from previous attendees at http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1602567,1607946#msg-1607946 & http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1482443,1518716#msg-1518716

I also organise courses for second time parents, please check my website for dates and availability.

Looking forward to hearing from you, enjoy your bumps,

Ariadna Sole

Midwife

07598 293 625

My husband and I really enjoyed Ariadna's classes. She is very knowledgeable and makes the classes fun, interactive and interesting. Best of all, she goes out of her way to encourage friendships to form. The classes are held in a nice family pub and the beer and burgers keep the boys happy! It makes so much difference having the support of other mums and dads to be and we continue to keep in touch via Whats App and regular catch ups.

Thanks Ariadna! Belle x

Ariadna is amazing. My partner & I found that every concern or question we had was covered in an honest, non biased and always warm manner. Ariadna's experiences are always presented in a non judgemental, friendly and often humorous manner which made us warm to her & really enjoy the sessions. We were lucky to meet a great group who've become a fantastic support for one another, & I would highly recommend Ari's sessions to any expectant couples!

Thanx Ari- can't wait to have the reunion once babies arrive!

Jo

x

My husband and I did Ari's course in Spring 2015 and really enjoyed the sessions. Ari is very down-to-earth and gives a balanced and realistic view of having your first baby - she doesn't just focus on the birth but also the first few weeks which is so important.

Ari's emphasis on the social aspect of the course is also vital - the girls on my course have kept me sane over the past year and we meet up regularly, in fact we even had a joint first birthday party for all the babies a few weeks ago!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ari's classes.

• 1 month later...

These classes are fantastic and I would highly recommend them to everyone. Ariadna is a font of knowledge, and she shares that knowledge in a digestible, non-judgemental and accessible way. The classes were reassuring and helpful. Ariadna and Vicky were down to earth, approachable and the classes were fun as well as helping you digest things. Plus, we were lucky to have a fab group of people and Ariadna really focuses on the social side too, which is such a bonus!

Thank you so much Ari, you were a godsend to me and really looking forward to catching up at the reunion.

Lee

X

Another Ariadna fan over here! She and Vicky are absolutely amazing. I was looking for a class that would give me all the information I needed without an agenda or pushing the instructor's personal opinions. There was no bias towards any particular way of doing things - they just provided every option and led us in the right direction to find out more.

The atmosphere was always very open, warm and welcoming, with no question too silly or concern too small. It was also fun, sociable and friendly from the very start. We only finished our course last week but I already miss it! It's worth every penny and more.

A huge thank you to Ari and Vicky :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for the comments about Ariadna's antenatal classes. Vicky and myself are taking over the classes in September. We are nearly full in September for first time parents. BUT if you have had a baby/babies before we are running a refresher course in August and October/November and there are still some spaces!

If you want to ask us any questions, please email us at [email protected]

Emily and Vicky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Emily & Vicky

I have been trying to contact Ariadna on her website with the email and phone number to get on the September classes as it says there are 2 spaces left. I havn't heard anything back.

It would be great if someone can call me on 07834423116 to let me know if this is going to be OK.

Thanks so much :)

Archived