Wanted cargo bike

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has got a cargo bike to sell and if they could answers some questions

I have a 4 1/2 years old and a dog, I'm worried that she might be already to big for the bike.

I dont have a car so the bike would be our bus/cab everywhere.

Thank you

Hello,

We don't have one to sell, but wanted to recommend the Nihola trike that we bought from London Green Cycles. We use the Nihola for school runs and it's how we get around on the weekends as a family of 3 without a car.

You're welcome to come try ours out or just hire one from London Recumbents in Dulwich Park if you think the Nihola is for you. Otherwise, the best place to test ride cargo bikes is probably London Green Cycles as they have a huge range of 2 wheeled cargo bikes and 3 wheeled ones. You'll need to consider which cargo bike fits your family & neighbourhood (hills, speedbumps, parking, etc) best.

Feel free to PM if you'd like more info.

I don't really notice the width unless I'm trying to squeeze into small spaces, in particular straight & narrow bike lanes with curbs on both sides. But the steering on the Nihola felt very intuitive, unlike the Bakfiet, Babboe, Butchers & Bicylces, and Christiania that we tried. It took some time (about 1 to 2 weeks) getting used to being on three wheels especially when going down hill, over bumps and adjusting to the camber in roads etc. The Nihola has its flaws though, so it's best you test out all the trikes available to you to see which one suits you best.

Apparently the word on the street is that Balfe's Bikes will be selling Nihola trikes in East Dulwich soon.

Archived