French language playgroup in ED?

bwallace

Hi there,

I have a 5 month old son and we are trying to bring him up bilingually. My husband speaks to him in English, as does the rest of the family (and everyone else obviously!), while I speak to him exclusively in French.

What would be great is to have another opportunity for him to hear French - a weekly playgroup of some sort - and to interact with other people and little ones speaking the same language.

Does anyone know if such a playgroup exists? And if not, would there be a demand for setting something up in East Dulwich?

I noticed that there was a playgroup in Crystal Palace on Saturdays (not sure if it is still happening). The sessions were exclusively conducted in French and included songs, reading stories, an activity as well as a coffee break and play break in the middle. Something like this would be perfect I think.

It would be great to hear thoughts from the ED French speaking community on this!

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm also a local French girl with a 4 month old baby boy, would be happy to participate in any French group and might have another friend who could be interested. Maybe we could try to set up our own group if we can get enough people interested? Would you prefer meet ups during the week or week ends? Let me know your thoughts , Merci xx

Hi

This thread is also in the family room discussion room with quite a few families wanting the same thing. I have also highlighted that I am in the process of starting such a group in Nunhead or Dulwich and wanted to arrange a coffee morning as an initial meet and greet.

Bonjour Enfants is the name, PM me for more details

Thanks CC

Archived