Childcare / Nanny for 6 year old son before and after school

We are looking for a Part-time child-carer, who is prepared to get to know our 6 year old son's sensory and social needs, but also work with his abilities - he is a bright child with Asperger's syndrome. Some previous SEN experience desirable but not essential.

Job responsibilities - arrive at our home in East Dulwich at 7.30am. Taxi will take both you and our son to school in Marylebone. Provide any handover requested by parents to staff and then provide telephone update to mum. Morning duties finish by 9.30am at the very latest, often before (2 hours in morning).

Our son needs to be met at school at 3.30pm (on Friday 3.15pm). You need to talk with the teacher for any handover messages and then accompany our son back in the taxi home. On arrival back home, you need to start the after school routine with him - washing hands, changing out of school uniform and then playing until parent takes over at 5.30pm or 5.15pm on Friday (unless overtime by arrangement).

Being able to chat and keep our son engaged in the car journey is essential.

There is scope for role development and extension of this approximately 20 hour per week role, especially extended hours in the school holiday by arrangement. There is also the possibility of job sharing with one person doing just morning trips and another the afternoon trips, or a split week. So we will definitely consider applicants who can only offer help on certain days, or, for example only morning or afternoon school runs, as we think it could work as a job share.

I'm happy to talk about things in more depth with anyone who is potentially interested - please do feel free to PM me or text / call me on my mobile number 07904 207378.

Archived