Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk
xxxx
http://www.ellyallen.com/

http://www.4build.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
sticky threadPlease don't bump posts
Posted by Family Room Moderator 26 May, 2011 13:22

Hi all,

Time for a friendly reminder not to bump posts please. This is a fast moving board, and it's not fair for posts to be pushed down by people bumping up their posts daily (i.e., "still available" the day after first posting it). I have had to hide about 20 posts so far today from people doing exactly this, and to be honest I have better things to do!

Repeat offenders will receive an email from me. Continuing to break the rules will result in a ban.

Thank you for your understanding.

sticky threadRe: Please don't bump posts
Posted by Family Room Moderator 30 June, 2011 09:34

There have been a lot of posts bumped over the past few days - please please please don't do it! My tolerance is zero to this, so bumped posts are being removed without warning.

This includes reducing prices daily (which is happening a lot) - just edit your original post, please don't bump!

Posted by Family Room Moderator 04 September, 2011 10:03

Thanks Littlebelka, but really no need.

FRM

Posted by Family Room Moderator 29 September, 2011 21:24

The best thing to do when your item is sold is to simply edit the original post (don't reply to it, that will bump it up) and change the title to reflect that the item has been sold.

I've removed your post which caused your post to go right back to the top, will leave it to you to edit the title.

Thanks.

Posted by Family Room Moderator 24 May, 2012 14:42

Hi omz

If you edit your post and change the title it won't be bumped to the top.

Thanks

FRM

Posted by Family Room Moderator 02 July, 2014 22:17

renarde Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> please tell me how i get a red "new"mention when i
> do a fresh posting. Thank you!!!!
>
> annie

This function is an automatic one, however you will never see "new" beside your own posts, only those of other people. Yours will show as new to other users.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed