Multiple postings - zero tolerance xxxx

Just a reminder that if you have more than one item to sell, please list them all on one post rather than starting lots of individual posts.

This helps to keep the boards fair for all - if one person starts 8 separate posts it means others get pushed down faster, which then starts the other problem of people bumping posts.

Multiple threads are removed without warning. If you can't find your thread, chances are that's the reason why.

Thanks all for your cooperation.

• 4 months later...

Time for a reminder about this rule, as there are a number of culprits once again posting many times.

If you wish to reduce the price of an item, please don't use this as an excuse to bump your post back to the top of the list a few hours after first advertising it - just edit your original post to reflect the new price.

Has your post disappeared? Chances are you have broken the rules.

If I emailed every person to let them know I would rapidly run out of hours in the day, so your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Time for a reminder regarding this rule, as it's the time of year when the classified board starts to move quickly. Please don't start multiple posts to sell items, add them all to one, or two, threads.

Multiple posts are removed without warning, as I simply don't have time to email everybody individually.

Thanks for your understanding.

• 1 year later...

using this for the first time. I thought I had posted an advert but can not see it anywhere, so not sure if it worked? If I post it again I do not want to get caught up in the multiple posting zero tolerance list! what shall I do, please guide me

salsar

• 2 months later...
Hello, had to do 3 different ads to sell items I could have put together but because I created a document with pictures and even though I tried to compress it several times it still wasn't fitting into the allowed 614KB so the only way I could do it - was to split it based on the category/age they were covering. Hope it's ok

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen so many multiple posts on the for sale section and this family classifieds section i.e. some people are creating 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or more separate posts and this makes more pages to read so it's still a problem.

Maybe they don't know that they just need to click on the 'reply to this message' blurb to make it a continuous post?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You need to add to pre-existing sale posts. Mostly I'm operating on a common sense basis. Sometimes members advertise things for sale and then someone comments on an old post which then brings it back to the front page, which is fair enough. Other members, like someone whose posts I've just deleted for the second time, are making (in this case 13) separate posts for every item and it's not on.

The aim of this rule is to make the classifieds section as fair as possible for everyone. It really shouldn't be that hard to stick to.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've just seen your message about not posting multiple times. Just wanted to check this as I have a lot of things for sale but can only attach three pictures to a post. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Natasha

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived