expanding London's airport capacity: bad news

Heathrow is bursting to capacity - and, given its location, the wrong place to expand. If London wants to remain world class, expansion somewhere is necessary. But Heathrow is the wrong place.

The BoJo airport in the Thames is something a confident, expansionist and forward thinking country that's interested in its global reach would go for. Endless whinging about the downsides of creating a third runway at Heathrow along with the inevitable delay of a public enquiry is exactly the wrong way to go.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

We should be planning for five runways at Heathrow (and Gatwick) if we are to avoid being a third world Country.

Also, airplane noise has never affected me in ED since Concorde stopped flying over my garden and Dulwich Park (which I loved to see).

"Saturated by aircraft noise"?? No, we are not.

We are on flight routes into Heathrow and out of City airport. We have some noise but lets not exaggerate.

As it is the sight of an Emirates or Quantas Airbus A380 almost silently cruising over us is quite spooky.

Older aircraft are noisier, but as more super quiet aircraft come into service, the impact of noise will decrease.

There has been some sort of referendum held in Hillingdon and another region about Heathrow expanding, or another runway. There was a 70% vote against both proposals. Will they listen?- business leaders are very vociferous about expansion.