Printer repair service?

The Nappy Lady

• 10 months later...

HP colour laserjet CP1515n, always gets paper jam in tray 2 on second page.

from what I can gather, i'd be after getting the sensors cleaned. Sounds like a common problem.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/Color-LaserJet-CP1515n-constant-quot-jam-in-tray-2-quot/td-p/1825051/page/2

""

Following the latest post I booked an HP authorised service engineer to clean the Transfer Belt and Paper Sensor.

He duly turned up and confirmed that this is a very common occurrence with this model after reasonable usage - the printer has printed 20,000 pages in its life - and showed me three, or four, old belts from his tool bag to prove it. He has cleaned the belts but will be returning with new ones in a couple of days.

However, even the cleaning of the original belts has done the trick and I now have multiple printing back up and running once more.

As an aside, he said that these printers should give well over 100,000 pages before anything costly is likely to go.

Hope that helps.

Best to all

Av8or

""

and

""Hello,

apparently at most of "jam in tray 2" problems are paper sensors. I solve problem on many machines by cleaning sensors itself. Especially sensors above fuser assy. Just disassemble it untill back of the fuser and you will see three sensors there; - clean them well and unit should work fine.

Cheers

""

Archived