URGENT: Metal detector needed

GillianHG

Does anyone have a metal detector that I could borrow this afternoon/evening? My husband has just lost his wedding ring - he felt it slipping off when he was putting a bunch of rubbish in the bins outside. He searched through the bins before having to rush off to a meeting but fears it has slipped off somewhere into piles of wet leaves around the bins... I am devastated. Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Sorry to hear this, I know the panic all too well (though encouragingly I've always found it again!). No metal detector I'm afraid but Maplins in Forest Hill have in stock a beginner's metal detector for ?39.99, if all else fails you could always buy that then resell it as an "only used once" item, probably wouldn't lose too much?

ETA: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/beginners-metal-detector-with-analogue-display-ll52g?cmpid=ppc&gclid=CLzioqiP79ACFS-77QodsekCsA

Are the piles of wet leaves on solid ground?

Could you put them into bin bags and put them somewhere safe until you can search through them at your leisure?

Same with bin contents?

Alternatively rake through leaves at night with a torch, the ring should glint in the light?

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived