Free working computer parts wanted

se22cat

One of my most enjoyable hobbies is making pc's entirely from recycled parts, like emulation stations, NAS machines etc. I recently helped build a friend the guts of an arcade machine from bits and bobs kindly donated by people of the forum.

Am looking for (free) components or computers made after 2010 as they are more power efficient than older parts and also less prone to failing.

Graphics cards, decent branded power supplies, working motherboards with ram and processors, cases that can be worked on, flat screen monitors etc are all welcome.

Hard drives and SSD's are also always welcome and I can either show you how to completely wipe them of all data (a windows/mac format will NOT do this and leaves your personal information open to abuse) and collect them when they are wiped - this is best practice, or as I have done before, I can take them home and show you via whatsapp video, your drive/s being fully wiped.

I hate to see old parts/computers dumped and going to waste, if you would like to have yours made good use of rather than going to landfill please get in touch. Thank you for reading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had some really nice parts from the forum recently and even managed to get my old Pentium 4 up and running again thanks to a new/old stock cooler.

If you are upgrading and would like your parts to be made good use of please get in touch.

Archived