Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

http://northwooduk.com/estate-agents/dulwich

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Magnolia. The Black Cherry or another?
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
messageCan anyone Recommend a reliable man with van?
Posted by Storries 18 February, 2012 19:28

I need a few items of furniture moved, i ideally want a fixed price, not an hourly rate,, items to be collected and delivered are a large plasma tv, bookcase (already dismantled) matress (kingsize) & bed frame (quite heavy) fridge freezer, sofabed and tv entertainment unit (very, very heavy will require a trolley to move) please inbox me your availability and price, ideally i would like it to be done in one trip, so would imagine a sprinter type van would be enough. i will not be able to help with the lifting so 2 people will be needed. Thanks

messageRe: Can anyone Recommend a reliable man with van?
Posted by julianrainov 19 February, 2012 11:13

Search on the forum for Tony the transporter

Posted by garysvan 19 February, 2012 11:25

Hi there im Gary from Garysvan and I can help. Please pm me if you still need help.
Thanks Gary

Posted by emtl 19 February, 2012 14:55

local man with van,fast & reliable service emtl

Posted by fluffy 20 February, 2012 10:29

I think Tony is now Mr Moover on the search function, I used him recently and he was excellent.

Posted by calculus 20 February, 2012 11:25

I would recommend Lino Monte of Dulwich Light Removals. Nice chap, fixed price work. I have used him loads of times for stuff like this. His number is 07962 247469

Posted by pgnf 20 February, 2012 14:03

I highly recommend Tony too.
He collected and moved a w/machine to our flat on the first floor.He was able to do the job at a sort notice, even if he had to find someoneelse to help him. He was there on time, even if my explanations about how to arrive to the garage where the w/machine was stored were not very good I thought the price was also good, considering the hard job.

Posted by eggnut 20 February, 2012 17:11

Yes, I can also recommend Tony very highly--very helpful and great rates when he helped us move from West Dulwich to Sydenham recently. We called him up a week later at short notice to help move the last bits and he was great. His number is 07541132087.

Posted by Cas59 20 February, 2012 17:16

Tony is great , here is his number 07541132087, he will not ask u a ridiculous price and is very reliable , you wont be dissapointed, give him a ring

Posted by jonny vantastic 25 February, 2012 22:52

When?

Posted by mr moover 10 March, 2012 09:20

hi julianrainov thank you for recommendation i am glad you was happy with my services

Posted by maybe 10 March, 2012 15:44

I would highly recommend Lino of Dulwich Light Removals we have used him quite a few times over the years. You get a fixed price, he turns up when he says and nothing is too much trouble.

Posted by Tee Tee 11 March, 2012 07:47

Hi, can thoroughly recommend Tony, please see his contact details below:

mr moover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi my name is anton ..i am a man with a van ..
> i live in east dulwich at halliwell court barry
> road lodon se22 0hs ..
> i have a medium wheelbase srinter van 6ft high by
> 11 ft long ..
> i am available all weekend and most evenings ..
> my rates are 20 pounds per hour ..
> i am very reliable and i am always on time please

Posted by dillmeadow 10 April, 2012 10:18

Rang Lino this am. He came right away to move a sofa. Great service, thank you Lino!

Posted by matthew123 11 April, 2012 10:07

Yeah I'll second that recommendation on Mr Moover, have been able to call upon his services a few times recently

Posted by lebara 12 April, 2012 17:57

Do a search on Jahman he had reccos from about twnety differebt posters and is very reliable.

Posted by Cas59 12 April, 2012 21:26

Tony mr moover and the transporter 07541132087 you won't be dissapointed

Posted by sidmeister 13 May, 2012 18:16

I'll second (or rather, fourth or fifth) that opinion. Tony the transporter (on 07541132087) was absolutely fantastic! He helped me move a massive day bed my arms still ache winking smiley from Ikea Croydon to East Dulwich, and did it at a very reasonable rate. I was most impressed by his punctuality; we were supposed to meet at 6 and I got a call at 3 minutes to 6!

Additionally, we had an amazingly interesting and wide-ranging conversation on the way back (we manage to fit in the banks, the history of Asians in Britain, and religion in a 40 minute drive :-D). Much recommended.:-)

Posted by MarkE 17 July, 2012 07:06

Another recommendation for Tony from me. Punctual, equipped and efficient. Didn't try to take the mick with price either.

Posted by sunshinec 18 July, 2012 09:43

I would really like to recomend Tony he helped us move and was very reliable,punctual and did a great job at a very reasonable price

Posted by Gidget 18 July, 2012 19:13

Mr. Moover's membership on forum has been de-activated. Does anyone know why?

Posted by pamelaflatshare 08 August, 2012 10:59

Frank (fabfor - 07956 650 744) did a great job both times we went with him, he's got a big white transit van and is very calm and efficient. He lives in St Aidans Road just next to Peckham Rye park.

Posted by Pugwash 09 August, 2012 23:50

Lino Monte - number already quoted above. very honest, realible, helpful - have used him several times. When I moved some furniture around in the house I got Lino and his helper in moving beds, wardrobes etc to different rooms in the house. Have known Lino for years now and is a great guy.

Posted by JaneWatkins 22 September, 2012 12:35

I have just used Tony 07541132087 and would fully recommend him. Friendly, prompt and very helpful!

Posted by Jumoak 23 September, 2012 19:36

I too can highly recommend Tony the van driver. He was punctual and really helpful in transporting a huge load of logs from a West Norwood garden to a Peckham Rye garden in the pouring rain. I would definitely use him again without hesitation!

Posted by oxford-bob 11 October, 2012 15:14

We can happily recommend Andy Thompson Man and Van. We used him on two occasions. Nice guy, always careful with our stuff, turned up on time for both collection and delivery both times we moved ...and the price was very good too :-)

I think Andy does mainly long distance removals from London and surrounding areas but will go ANYWHERE in the UK. Andy Thompson also has a man and van for removals from London to/from Ireland and Scotland.

His number is 07812 985060 or his website is www.andythompson.co.uk

Bob & Jacqui

Posted by SKSH 22 October, 2012 09:44

I just used Lino Monte of Dulwich Light Removals to move a van load of stuff to my new flat - to echo the comments above, he was polite, efficient, fast and good value for money. Nothing was too much trouble (including lifting at least five backbreaking boxes of books up a flight of stairs) - would definitely recommend him, his number is 07962 247469.

Posted by LJ23 22 October, 2012 11:12

Tony is brilliant, he helped us at really short notice and was ever so friendly. Can't recommend him enough!!

Posted by YummyMummy01 22 October, 2012 11:57

Tony is amazing! Helped me with my really big sofa.

Great prices, on time & a lovely bloke.

07541132087 x

Posted by lydiab 10 May, 2013 15:13

i'd also like to recommend tony - he helped at both ends, was very reasonably priced and turned up early. his number is 07541132087

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed