Kids drama clubs in local E.D Schools?

LA-Lady

I was wondering if the active online population of EDF might be able to help us narrow down our exhausting list of kiddie drama clubs within the area?

I have a 6 year old boy and an 8 year old girl who would like to entertain us. Well, our son is a lot more interested than our daughter so perhaps the focus should be more on the 6-7yr old.

I have sought out various groups such as Bugtastic in Herne Hill, Centre Stage, Half Moon Theatre Group and a sweet drama group in Dulwich Village called PERFORM. A woman in a coffee shop mentioned that some of the local SE22 schools also run some weekend drama clubs. She mentioned one at Goodrich Schoolon Saturday mornings however by the time I had registered and wanted to ask her some more (we do not live too far from the school, you see), she had vanished with her son before he went on to demolish the entire coffee bar! Saturday mornings would suit us very well due to my husband being out at work.

Do Mums and Dads out there have any good advice and does anyone know of weekend drama clubs at either Goodrich or Heber? Perhaps there are Xmas performances coming up that we could go along to support and also have a look at what their productions are like.

Thank you for your help. And congratulations on such a wonderful local forum.

L.A.L

Yes there is a drama/music/dance club at Goodrich called FREEDOM on a Saturday morning. Run by Kat they cater for various age groups. 10-1pm. My daughter loves it. I know that they also do classes after school but I dont't know when, sorry. Good luck.

It's a bit further away but Theatre Peckham based in Havil street is brilliant. If you go to book a course on their website, you can see what classes there are. They also do ballet and tap as well as drama and they're doing a production in December so you could check that out. Probably a waiting list though.