Recommendation for an AS Maths Tutor

Dear paulaannemcm,

My name is Daniel Heanes. I have four years' experience of one-to-one tuition, mostly in mathematics, and some physics, with, mostly, A-level students as well as some GCSE and undergraduate university students, and would be delighted to help your son if you wished. My first degree was in Mathematics, at St John's College, Cambridge, and I then took Masters' degrees there and at UCL, where I am now completing a PhD in Medical Physics. My approach is to establish clear goals and build confidence by constantly connecting to what the student already knows. I took a year off during my undergraduate degree due to illness, and understand the dent in confidence and orientation that can come from a period of absence from a subject, especially a mathematical one. I also have experience of statistical techniques in my research work, as well as in studying and teaching A-level.

I work by word-of-mouth as well as with a number of agencies, and would be happy to provide references. Feel free to contact me on this forum or on either of the phone numbers below.

Best regards,

Daniel Heanes

07825 651005

020 7252 4594