pools with slides- are there any left?

Hi all

I'm looking for a day out with our oldest daughter tomorrow and wanted to take her to a swimming pool with slides, wave machine etc....but looking at the Deptford Wavelengths website it seems to have had a revamp and all the 'fun stuff' removed...

Does anyone know if there are any swimming pools with slides etc nearish se22 any more? I think there was one in Greenwich but can't find info about that one either :(

About an hour's drive would be our cut off point...

I love a wave machine :) :) x

Jump on a plane and come to NZ... Took our 3 to the local pool this morning (slides, waves, rapids) - school holidays at 11am and in London frame of mind I thought it would be a nightmare, but we almost had it to ourselves, free parking, clean changing rooms...

Sorry, not much help, but one of those days where I question my choice of country to reside in!

Hi Fuschia - Pavilion closed for maintenance until 6 Jan (booo!) Would have been great for a day trip, with cinema afterwards.

And Pickle....grrrrrrr! (Dead jealous!)

Just found Woolwich High street - anyone been there or know of ay closer? xxx

Waterfront Leisure Centre Woolwich, London

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/1086417-Waterfront-Leisure-Centre-London

You would need to visit to appreciate the facilities. My family and I went all around South London for the best waterslide pool, since found this about a year ago, we have not turned back. The best part is that the pool time is longer, about 3 hours long at a time so you have more flexibility and could be in the pool longer than an hour. The waves area is shallow for little children. The pool area is open plan meaning children and adults alike could move from one pool to the other as they wish. Parents are still responsible for looking after their non swimmers.

Oh wow - Swanley looks good! Thanks for all the suggestions..

I think we may have a plan of Waterfront and then Odeon at Bugsby Way (Tinkerbell movie - sighhh!)

Will def lookk at Battersea and Swanley for next time...does anyone know if there is a minimum age for Swanley?

ryedalema Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi all

>

> I'm looking for a day out with our oldest daughter

> tomorrow and wanted to take her to a swimming pool

> with slides, wave machine etc....but looking at

> the Deptford Wavelengths website it seems to have

> had a revamp and all the 'fun stuff' removed...

>

Oh no! When did that happen? I was there last year several times. The flume slides had been repaired and were open, and there was an elephant slide for toddlers. Bubble fountains and wave machines were both working fine.

Edited to say that I looked at their webpage, and it says the flumes are working but only open at certain times. The fascility is under redevelopment and the 25m pool (not the leisure pool) is temporarily closed.

Is the webpage out of date or did I miss something?

We ended up going to Eltham pool as friends were going...it doesn't have loads of slides etc but does have that sloping 'beach ' bit and a water fountain thing - plus its own generous car park (?1.50 for three hours) and creche and cafe..

What makes it really fab for me though is they don't have the same one parent one child under five ratio, so I could take my 5 and 3 year old in at the same time with no trouble...

Happy days!

Will try Woolwich/Waterfront on Monday though :)

Such a shame there are not many about now. When I was early teens (early 90s), we had Water Palace in Croydon, and Fantaseas in Dartford. Massive places with multiple slides, wave machines, rapids and so on. Had some great days out.

Ah, memories.

Great thread, we have taken our 2.4yo swimming 5 times this school holiday as the weather has been so dire and I had been wondering about slides etc... Some of these suggestions sound great and not too crazy given his young age (he's very adventurous/fearless). I had heard great things about the Latchmere too and just found an image of the elephant slide which looks tame enough for a highly supervised slide down, am I totally wrong or would it be suited to a confident 2.4yo with two parents right there and a buoyancy suit on??

Yes the elephant slide is fine - we took ours on there when they were 2ish and I've seen loads of little ones on there.

Latchmere and Greenwich also sound fab - does anyone know the ratios?

I've a 5.5 year old (who swims with a float) and a 3 year old (with arm bands)...and it'd just be me as 'the adult' as him indoors is not dead keen on swimming pools...

Hmmmmm...

We went to the Bromley one (Pavilion) a while back and I'm sure the ratio (like Beckenham) is 2 to 1. They have a little slide that goes into ankle deep water - the only one my two (4 & 6!!) would go on!! However I didn't see any medium slides (it seemed to go from tiny one to big spiral ones up in the air) - maybe I missed them.

I thought the complex was great as it also has softplay / bowling etc on site as well as a decent cafe. It has the potential to be an expensive day out if you do more than one activity but for an occasional blow out, it's good. And a bit of shopping for adults afterwards if the kids can last.

Thanks for answering my elephant slide query, we went this morning and it was a massive hit. My son spotted the slide from the cafe (WOW!!!!) and was incredibly excited and bombed down it about 20 times. Plus the half hourly waves were very fun.

Anyway, we enjoyed the Latchmere a lot - we got there a bit later than planned (10.10am) so we had to go on a waiting list to get in - we bought a ?3.90 soft play armband for our son and he was more than happy to wait and play (and I much prefer that they limit numbers a bit as the pool was busy but not crazily hectic). We then had an hour plus in the pool and a basic lunch in the cafe (vegetable kids pasta looked pretty healthy too), so it ended up costing us about ?25 inclusive (no parking charge). Definitely a fun treat out and will be back another weekend.