Goose Green Primary - advice on catchment distance?

Asha22

Sorry to replicate threads from over the past 2-3 years re Primary Schools however we are looking to potentially buy on East Dulwich Road. We are keen for our child (to be!) to go to Goose Green Primary. We would be 0.4 miles / c650m away. Does anyone know if this sits within the catchment area?

Very grateful indeed for any insights.

Hi there - I would expect the distance to be reduced from last year for the September 2013 this year due to the much increased interest since the good ofsted came out in late spring last year. It's really hard to say but I would think that at 650m you would be ok and even if you weren't successful initially, you would have a good chance for a place on the waiting list being that close. There is always much movement after the places are allocated and the closer you are to the school, the higher you will be on the waiting list.

*I've come back to amend this post as I just noticed you haven't had your child yet - I assumed you were talking about next year. Five years is a long time and who knows what will happen in the area with primary school places. If the pressure on places is removed by an additional primary school built in the area (see thread on Harris), hopefully the 'catchment' areas were not be so restricted in the future. However, most primary schools in ED are good and on the up so you have picked a great area to live in!