Ocado Delivery Pass - any offers?

Anyone know of offers going on the Ocado Delivery Pass? I've got to renew mine but I know that you can often haggle down the price if you know what other offers are around. I've tried looking online but other than reading lots of complaints about cost, not seeing any actual offers. (Computer probably knows I'm registered so suspect offers are filtered out?)

What are the kind of offers you get if you don't have delivery pass? Just trying to work out whether it's worth trading the practicality of my regular delivery for a more ad-hoc approach. Don't like to feel I'm not being the canny shopper - but then is it worth the extra hassle?

I often get 15% and 20% off from them. And if I hold out long enough, I have been known to get 25% occasionally. I only ever use them if theres a 20% offer. The other thing to bear in mind is if you don't mind slightly late delivery times, or delivery during the week during the day, you can often get delivery for free, or very cheaply.

Hope thats helpful

I havev a mid week pass which is ?2.99 a month and free delivery on tues, we'd or thurs for orders over ?40. But the discounts end with the pass, but it allows me to do smaller shops more frequently as the offers we're usually for over ?75. I think the mid week pass has been reduced.

Mid week delivery pass is free for the first 3 months and ?2.99 thereafter for a minimum term of 6 months currently. You are allowed free delivery any time on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Excludes christmas week. Maximum one delivery a day. Or 1 months delivery pass currently on offer at ?6.99 a month reduced from 10.99 minimum term 12 months. Any day any time entitled.

You could wait for a Groupon deal for delivery pass which normally entitles you to ?50 or so worth of free shopping on top of a annual pass for up to 65% off. But you have to be very careful of these that they are not overcharging on the current deals being offered by Ocado themselves. They got in trouble in 2011 for offering 12 months annual pass worth ?69.99 when Ocado were offering 6 months for ?14.99 making 12 months from Ocado themselves worth less than ?30 at the time. This was misleading advertising and led customers to think they were getting a better deal than they actually were!

Ah, ?6.99 a month for new customers sounds better than the ?9.99 'special offer' they're offering me after being with them for 2 years. I'll call them next week and see if I can haggle them down - I did last year. I just hate the idea that you're paying more for having shopped loyally with them for 12+months.

The mid-week one is obviously better value but not so ideal for us as I work mid week and don't really want the kids woken up in the evenings by the often overly-cheery delivery drivers.

Thanks for the info!

I shop at Waitrose every now and again and whilst I love it I have quibbles with the Beckenham branch that our shopping is delivered from. My last shop was delivered with no refrigeration/freezing at all or refrigerated products in cupboard labelled bags meaning ?36 worth of meat needed refunded. The customer service is fab but the specific branch seem to make constant mistakes. I ALWAYS complained, mainly to feedback for improvement. Over 5 shops last year I must of had about ?80+ worth of refunds in total due to errors, missing items and overcharging on by weight deli counter items etc. I now only shop there to bulk stock up on their own brand non-bio which is all I can use on my daughters skin.

• 9 months later...

I did sign up to the smart pass, 4.99 for mid week delivery. However, when we had a busy week (hubby and me out alternate evenings) i didn't need to do an online shop, and so I cancelled it. I can easily book a delivery for free, so it wasn't saving me money. The 10% off etc, were usually on things we don't buy.

The most I've paid for delivery is 2.99 ( only because I spent under ?75)

@nunheadmum

If you suspect it's not giving you the offer you expect to be receiving because it knows it's you, it may be just using cookies. If you're using Google Chrome or Firefox, open up an incognito window and checking it out. On Chrome, the shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+N (Cmd+Shift+N if you're on a Mac).

HTH.

I let mine lapse, when you have the pass you stop receiving the offers!

As mentioned above, there are plenty of cheap slots available.

Waitrose are good but in my experience the choice is more limited and there are more substitutions. This is due to it being limited to the current stock of the local store whereas Ocado have a huge warehouse near Dartford stocking everything.

Deleting cookies will prevent Ocado recognising you.

I've had lots of different free offers in the past (e.g. free for 3 to 6 months), but I now pay ?6.99 per month. I generally get at least one delivery per week of all the bulky heavy shopping that I don't do locally and basics like milk, etc. It works out at less than ?2 per delivery and I get 10% off certain products that I buy a lot (I'm not sure how that is worked out, but means I get 10% off the gallons of natural yogurt we consume each week!) so I've not got around to searching for any more deals! Are there better deals than this?

Like sidmeister and ClareC mention, I did find previous deals by logging on at work without my username to find different offers came up.

Waitrose currently have a promotion on where it's ?75 total off your first five online grocery shops if you spend ?75 or more each time (so ?5 off first, ?10 off second etc)It's free delivery any day of the week - you have to have done all 5 shops by 18 Jan 2014. So far the first 2 deliveries were fine but agree with GinaG3 re the Beckenham store as on the third delivery I needed about ?10 refunded as items were missing. Will make 2 more orders to complete the deal as their food is good quality, but then probably revert to Sainsburys or Ocado as they have a wider choice.