Which wooden kitchen (for children)?

23e Heure

I know I risk receiving 101 differing opinions...

We are looking to buy a mini kitchen for our 2 year old.

There are more than 101 options on the internet, and I've realised that photos on the laptoip dont ever give you real idea of quality and size...

Recommendations?

We've finally bought the IKEA one (with the top) one year ago when my son turned 2, and we are really happy with it.

I were hesitated with one, brand"kiddicare", white colour and lovely design as I didn't want something red/blue , to stay neutral in my kitchen decor... :)

IKEA is far less expensive (I think we had for 70/80? for the whole kitchen, 2 elements ) instead of nearly 200? for the other brand. We've bought a microweave at Sainsbury ans I removed the door to fix the microweave inside the microweave cupboard of the IKEA kitcken . Like that it's wooden and interactive like the plastic kitchens ( often the funniest for kids).

Also, the good point with IKEA children kitchen, is that you have the" ceramic plate" the child can switch on/off with some lights appeared!

We bought the Little Tikes Wooden Kitchen for our 26 month old daughter a few months ago. It wasn't cheap, but we figured it was probably something she would play with for years. It's fantastic and she plays with it every single day. It has lots of cupboards to open and keep things in, which she loves.

We bought the John Lewis deluxe one 2 years ago. They've stopped selling now and replaced with the country style but they are fab quality if you don't mind spending ?100+ taken quite a lot of knocks and bangs and still in a brilliant condition bar a few very small chips in the paint work. Nice and roomy too!

Ikea ones look good too, but only seen them online so cant really comment. Many people seem happy and they are a very reasonable price for wooden.

I forgot to say, when I was in John Lewis to buy the country style wooden kitchen they have just started selling, one of the staff on the shop floor told me that they still had some of the previous wooden kitchen in the back, reduced to ?60ish, which if you asked them for you could still buy. They might still have some if you phone up and ask?

we have the little tikes one - not cheap, something like ?140, but my little girl loves it and is definitely built to last! note of caution - its a bugger to put together, took my other half nearly three hours on xmas eve, but like I say its v sturdy so its worth all the effort as you know there's no way it'll collapse on your little one and should survive any toddler tantrums :)

Thank you to everyone for your advice.

We plumped for the IKEA one, and she is delighted with it :-)

If anyone else is in the market for one of these things, it's worth remembering that only some kitchens come with utensils etc., so budget for that if your choice does not...