New mum, activities for 13 week old and meet other mums

Fijifish

Hi, I am a new mum to my gorgeous 13 week old boy. I have been searching on the internet and there are so many groups to choose from for babies in ED. Would anyone recommend any for a 3 month old baby? It would be a great opportunity to meet other new mums in the area.

Many thanks for your suggestions

A three month old is probably a bit little to get much out of any of the activity groups.

The Bumps and Babes group at the Goose Green Community Centre is a quite nice one as you can just go along, get a cup of tea, and have a chat to the others there. Cheap compared to other groups too ?1 or ?1.50? I presume it's still running - haven't been for a while.

http://www.nct.org.uk/branches/brixton-dulwich-and-streatham/first-aid-courses/nearly-new-sales/bumps-n-babes

Hi Fijifish,

I run the Powerpramming classes in Dulwich Park and Peckham Rye. They are very social and suitable for all fitness levels. Powerpramming is post natal exercise so it will be appropriate for you. My website is www.powerpramming.co.uk

Hope you can make it.

Thanks, Liz Stuart

Power Pramming is a great class - I made a couple of really good friends there after the birth of my son a couple of years ago. I should really get back to that now I'm back on maternity leave!

I now have a 13 week old daughter and have just started taking her to Gymboree in Herne Hill. It is pricey, but one of the few groups I've tried that is really focussed on little babies of this age - she seems really engaged and interested by it. And I've met some lovely mums at the Cheeky Cs playgroup where my eldest can run around, and I can spend time in the baby corner with my daughter.

Hummy Mummies is great fun too and a good place to meet people.