Emergency Childcare Advice

Ellie78

My boyfriend has come down with the Norovirus - our son is 7 months old and I'm a bit worried about what will happen if I catch it, and there's no-one to look after him properly. Typically, my parents (who don't live far away) are out of the country on holiday. Boyfriend's parents live in Dorset, and can't really easily come up.

I kind of want to feel secure that I know my options just in case, so wondered if anyone had any advice re emergency childcare scenarios - at worst, we would need someone to take him for a couple of days (I guess) and maybe someone else to cover a couple of nights (as he's still tricky at night). I wouldn't know where to look for this kind of thing last minute = we don't have bags of cash but I think we'd just have to take a hit if the worst happens. Hopefully it won't.

Any advice really welcomed! I'd like to feel reassured.

If you catch it, chances are your boyfriend will already be well enough by then to cope, as doesn't it usually just last 24 hours or so?

We had exactly this scenario a couple of years ago, and just muddled along with the 2 kids, as my parents live on the other side of the world and hubbys family are in Scotland.

Could you line up some Mum friends to perhaps help out (if need be) during the daytime?

Fingers crossed you stay well xx

Ellie, we had this a couple of months ago and just like pickle we just pulled together and got through it somehow. I would be more than happy to take baby A for a few hours in the day. I mean it sincerely, have a friend who hasnt got a baby (yet!) and between the two of us can manage the boys.

C x