Emergency Childcare - Does anyone have one of these

reneet

Hello,

Its been a bad winter have had to miss alot of work due to child being ill and nursery will not accept him. I am looking into emergency childcare, is anyone using one of these and can they reommend them? How good are they and do you really get somone on the day? How much do they cost and is it worth it.

Another consideration is if my son will feel comfortable with a strange when ill. I have no family around so no other option really.

Hello,

We've got the same issue and are using Tinies, a nanny agency.

We're lucky that work is willing to pay for emergency child care though because they are not cheap.

They have an agency in SE London so all the nannies are local.

They're all experienced, CRB checked etc.

They come to our home and you may want to work from home as it can be tricky to leave your sick child alone with a stranger.

We've done it though, get the nanny in, hand over baby with some written instructions and run to work!

They're very reliable and I highly recommend them.

They request 2 hours notice only

Www.tinies.com

Second vote for tinies. I have used them a couple of times and they're great! It is quite expensive and fortunately my work paid for the service.

A cheaper option is sitters.com. They also have nannies who are local.

Either way, I agree it's better to work from home when you use the emergency nanny (with a sick child), particularly if it's the first time you're using that nanny.

Best wishes,

BC

Hi Reneet

I have just launched an exciting new business called Treehouse Work and Play. Treehouse is located on Brixton Road (opposite Mothercare) and offers home-working parents desk space rental whilst their children are being cared for in our onsite cr?che. So your little one will be very close to you but you can still work.

We also offer short stay PAYG childcare for parents needing emergency respite to get jobs done, go shopping, meet a friend for lunch etc

What illness is your son suffering with? If it is something that cannot be passed onto other children we can help. Having his mummy next door whilst his being cared for will definately make him feel more comfortable and put your mind at ease.

Our prices are very competitive when compared to nurseries and childminders.

Check out our website www.treehouseworkandplay.com

Grace

Email [email protected] or give us a call on 020 7998 3789

Hiya iv just seen this and you may not have seen my previous posts on here I am a mum of one and I'm currently working as a back up nanny the way this works is a few families have my number and if the nanny goes sick or the children are un able to go to nursery then they can call me short notice and that's it child care covered , I worked as a nanny before having my little boy and have experience with 3 children at one time all under 4 , my little boy is 10 months old and very friendly . If you would like to meet up we can arrange that and then you can just keep my nu,bet and call if ever needed its as simple as that :)

Thanks Hollie

I've used Tinies through the work + Family website:

http://www.myfamilycare.co.uk/

My company has a scheme with them and that's how we get the service at work.

Tinies is registered on the website along with other nannies, childminders, nurseries etc.

when booking a nanny through this website, they charge ?18 per hour.

However this includes a commission, and I expect Tinies charges less than that if you book directly through them.

If I had to pay for it, I would probably look for a cheaper option though...

Same process as Ipe - get the service through work. The corporate rates are much higher than the individual ones.

From what I remember when I asked them about direct hire, they charge a booking fee of ?25 per booking and you pay the nanny ?8ph, so looks like the nanny cost is the same as Sitters but the booking fee is what pushes the cost up.

I tend to use Sitters if paying directly and use Tinies when using company-sponsored childcare allowance.

Checked the tinies rates and it seems that they use the emergencychildcare.co.uk rates which i thought were quite high. Its 16-18pounds if you pay them directly plus VAT. If you want to pay the nanny durectly then its ?10ph for the nanny plus tax and 4ph to the agency plua VAT. And I think to qualify for their services you have to pay them ?9 per month.

Grace it snot a particular illness, its various illnesses that usually gets him not accepted at nursery, from high temperature to vommitting and things.